X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CyberShy

nah, Markos, keep it open until you have it as well
    Pherhaps you should try to import it from poland
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

perhaps you should try to import it from poland
      it should be easy since the "polish invasion" has been thwarted (or seems to be ) by Locutus's new rules

Btw, I may be the only poster so far to answer for my country in this hijacked thread: canadian stores ( I live in Québec City ) generally receive new video games a few days after the U.S. release ( to the contrary of CDs/DVDs which are delivered the very same day, part of the big North Am domestic market ): the "big guns" are slated on the morrow or a couple of days after; the lesser known titles may take a full week. The local Future Shop told me maybe next Wednesday P.M. for Civ III, most surely Thursday Nov 1st.
      The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

EB has a ten dollar gift certificate by mail with purchise of either CivIII version.

damn, if only I hadn't lost my Tribes2 reciet, I would have had 10 dollars off Civ3 now if I haden't.
        So stupid I saw the deal before I bought Tribes2 but I still somehow lost my recite.

Comment

LE, DVD, Translations news.

- DVD Version!
          Alhough not a final decision, a DVD version is planned for the spring of 2002(probably in March or April). It could contain some of the elements of the LE(nothing specific if it will be in the LE tin) and probably things like scenarios, etc. This DVD version will be released world-wide, unlike....

- LE not sold outside USA
          And now for the bad news. LE will not be released outside the US. The reason? See below

- Difference in release dates between US/UK/Europe
          It's simply due to "production, distribution and resources". Since the US market is more important, it had priority and even exclusivity(in the case of the LE)

- Translations
          Depending on demand, there will be full translations in various languages probably around spring.

I have some questions about this information,

1º. Although LE won't be sold outside USA, can I buy it on - line from Spain?

2º. Will be the DVD sold outside USA? will be translated too?

3º. Will I have to wait till spring in 2002 in order to have my CIV III translated into Spanish?

4º. The Civ III that is suppossed to be in 16th November in Europe won't be traslated or perhaps only the manual?

Thank you very much.
          «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

I bought in advance a copy on Amazon.com (when they first announced it a couple of months ago), they sent me shipping confirmation yesterday. It should be here tomorrow.

I'm in Toronto Canada.

That may work for some of the European Civ'er who are interested in the getting the game quickly (assuming your release data does not materialize).

Just a thought.....

Misfit

Comment

Finally the small delay I feared didn't occured since the game arrived at my local Future Shop Tuesday Oct. 30th and I live in Québec City Canada. It was a well-planned North Am distribution.
              The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Spanish date confirmed.

Hello Apolyton:

I am proud to tell you when Civ III will be launched in Spain.

According to www.conectajuegos.com, a Spanish web site, Infogrames Spain has confirmed its launching in April 2002.

This is the date for the translated version. But the original English version will be also acquired in Spain sooner, perhaps November 16th.

So here is the calendar.

Before April 2002. CIV III English version.
                April 2002. CIV III Spanish version.
                «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

I want a demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  It won't reach Egypt anyway until next millenium and I don't have money to buy it! (

Comment

Working...
                  X