Chips & Bits shipping date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chips & Bits shipping date

I was wondering if I should cancel my pre-order at Chips & Bits and pre-order from Amazon. So I wrote them an e-mail.

Dear Sir,

Some months ago I pre-ordered the limited edition version of Civilization 3
    from you. The release date will be October 30th. However on a forum about
    this game (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=29696 ) I
    came across below message from your company stating that you will not ship
    until the later part of November. Can you confirm this?

Regards,

Mannamagnus

--------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

This title has been delayed until the later part of 11/2001 although please
    be aware that the date may again change to a later time without notice.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
    Chips & Bits, Inc.
    PO Box 234
    Rochester, VT 05767-0234

Telephone: 802.767.3033
    Fax: 802.767.3382
    EMail: cbiserv@cdmag.com

Our website address is http://www.chipsbits.com

Their answer:

Dear Sir,

At this time all we have is a guess as no official release date has been announced at this time.

Sales Department
    Chips & Bits, Inc.
    PO Box 234
    Rochester, VT 05767-0234
    EMail: cbisales@cdmag.com

So I replied:

Dear Sir,

Assuming the release date is October 30th (as announced on the websites of your competitors), when will you ship?

Yours truly

Mannamagnus

Them:

Assuming the title actually became available on the 30th we would probably ship on the 2nd or 3rd although this of course is all just based on an assumption.

Sales Department
    Chips & Bits, Inc.
    PO Box 234
    Rochester, VT 05767-0234
    EMail: cbisales@cdmag.com

Conclusion: If Chips & Bits are good for their word they'll ship civ3 at about the same time as Amazon etc..

(Note: in their final reply they didn't call me "dear sir" ):
    Last edited by Mannamagnus; October 25, 2001, 14:35.
    Somebody told me I should get a signature.

It sounds kind of iffy as to whether you'll get it soon. You might want to cancel your order and try EB or Amazon because I read somewhere in this forum that Chips & Bits has a reputation on shipping games later than most others. Perhaps someone will reply and confirm this.
    "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
    "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Based on personal experience, I would agree with Simpleton's advice.

Comment

Re: Chips & Bits shipping date

Originally posted by Mannamagnus
        Assuming the title actually became available on the 30th we would probably ship on the 2nd or 3rd although this of course is all just based on an assumption.
        what year?

ebgames or amazon will be the way to go.

Comment

I was going to mention EB until I noticed the poster was from the Netherlands. Does EB ship outside of U.S./Canada?

Comment

c&b ships worldwide
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

okay, this is it. i am switching to amazon, my game will be shipped to us first anyway. ****ing bastards, if they cannot ship on time they should not be in business at all. this was the final straw....

who do you reckon is faster and more reliable....amazon or EB?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                c&b ships worldwide
                Yeah, at the speed of evolution.

(Just noticed all the c&b ad banners that bring money into Apolyton. c&b good ... must fight the zombie radiation coming from my monitor ... too late! ... c&b good ...)
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

yeah, zombie me too, cb good but i somehow feel like really shouting insults when i cancel my order by phone...that is going to happen in the next 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                    yeah, zombie me too, cb good but i somehow feel like really shouting insults when i cancel my order by phone...that is going to happen in the next 15 minutes
                    c&b is a templar conspiracy to slow down distribution of civ, thereby generating unrest.

No, actually I think c&b is just incompetent. I remember when Space Empires 4 came out, and you could only buy it direct from the publisher or from c&b. c&b charged more for the game, and while the publisher got my pre-order to me in two days, I remember people on another forum who ordered from c&b waited over a week. And got charged more too? That's why I recommend against ordering from them.
                    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

okay, so do you reccomend EB or amazon for civ 3?

edit: i have just cancelled my CB order. the guy on the other side of the line actually sounded very polite, unlike their emails....and i felt kinda sorry (must not feel compassion for exploited members of the CB staff
                      Last edited by Fidel; October 26, 2001, 03:48.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                        okay, so do you reccomend EB or amazon for civ 3?

edit: i have just cancelled my CB order. the guy on the other side of the line actually sounded very polite, unlike their emails....and i felt kinda sorry (must not feel compassion for exploited members of the CB staff
                        Honestly, I've been satisfied with both. Main thing is who offers a better price on the shipping. I've found EB is a little faster about getting an order into the mail, but since you live outside the states, the time factor might be irrelevant over all. Again, go with either.

Comment

hm, seems like EB does not accept credit cards from eastern european countries, even if the shipping address is in the us

Comment

I pre-ordered from C&B back in August and just noticed today that I can no longer even check my order status with them (I just get some kind of error). This sucks. I WANNA PLAY!
                            What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

I noticed the same thing.
                              Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X