EB Canada says BTE not sold in stores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB Canada says BTE not sold in stores

salesguy said that SE will be available 31-oct, but LE was pulled from retail sales. period. he said no stores will carry it. might just be canada though.

BTE=Biscuit Tin Edition?
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

SO it looks like the rumor about being short of LE is not just a rumor there seems to be a bit of truth in it after all....

It's too bad that LE won't be in stores anytime soon. Probably what I'll do now is just but the normal version and wait a year or so and pick up the LE either in a bargain bin or used. There's no way I'm paying full price for both, even if it is Civ3.
      "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
      "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

My guess is that given the high demand for the Limited Edition, all of the available stock allocated to EB is being diverted to their U.S. stores.

*sigh*

Comment

Ya, i'd guess it's just the US.

How is this affecting any pre-orders (either online or pre order at the store) in canada? and is this just EB?
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

i live in vancouver and i called EB here and they told me SE comes out oct. 31st and LE comes out nov 1st or later.
            havent heard about pulling LE out of retail. Let me know if u hear any updates on that.

Comment

I pre-ordered the LE from Amazon.com (USA I know) and there is no change in it's status. It says it will be shipped on 31 Oct. So no different date, no shortage (as reported yet).
              To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

That's not true because the EB store that I went to in Ottawa asked me which one I wanted (when I went there to reserve a copy): the regular or the LE version.
                Of the Holy Roman Empire, this was once said:
                "It is neither holy or roman, nor is it an empire."

Comment

hey persian,

which eb did you talk to, i called the one in park royal, actually twice and bothe people told me no le version will be sold in store.

Comment

I called Park Royal too (i guess we talked to diff. ppl), richmond centre, and oakrdige mall. I basically got the same answer from everyone.

Comment

I called Brentood and I was in Lougheed yesterday and they both said SE 31st and LE 1st. Haven't got their shipments yet.

Comment

All you Vancouver BC people....

I'm here in Seattle and I'm getting my copy tommorow

If you want yours... all you need to do is take a short trip to Belis Fairs (Bellingham) and EB there should have it for you tommorow!!!

Just thought you might want to know
                        Go BIG or go home.

Comment

hmmm....i think i might just go ahead and do that.
                          you think i'll need to reserve a copy? i dont wanna drive for an hour + wait at the border for nothing.

Comment

Well, I picked up my cookie tin edition after work this evening, so they're not being withheld from Canada.

Comment

Working...
                            X