Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Central and Eastern Europe the end of the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Central and Eastern Europe the end of the world?

Release date in Poland is December, 5-th.
    Our distributor will translate the manual, but why will it take so long?

BTW, what are release dates in other EE countries:
    Czech, Slovakia, Russia, Ukraina, Lithuania, Hungary, Bulgaria, etc?

Believe me, this is quality high-speed service. Would you want to accurately translate 250 pages of a foreign language manual plus all the internal game dialogue in a month? US/English Arcanum was delayed for 5 months to enable a simultaneous world wide release
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Re: Is Central and Eastern Europe the end of the world?

Originally posted by krzysiek
      Is Central and Eastern Europe the end of the world?
      Well unfortunetly....
      Win98 ERROR 009: Press any key to continue or any other to quit
      f**k the f****n f*****s!
      I'am realy enjoing not talking to you...
      let's not talk again REAL soon...

Comment

Re: Is Central and Eastern Europe the end of the world?

Originally posted by krzysiek
        Release date in Poland is December, 5-th.
        Our distributor will translate the manual, but why will it take so long?

BTW, what are release dates in other EE countries:
        Czech, Slovakia, Russia, Ukraina, Lithuania, Hungary, Bulgaria, etc?
        Hah,
        Hungarians have just imported SMAC
        Seriously now, they usually take at least couple of months after German release. Plus they translate the manual, which is something I do NOT want them to do. That is why I preordered it from CB (although people here describe their shipping practices as sheer horror). Yin, is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
          Believe me, this is quality high-speed service. Would you want to accurately translate 250 pages of a foreign language manual plus all the internal game dialogue in a month?
          US/English Arcanum was delayed for 5 months to enable a simultaneous world wide release
          Only manual will be translated (game itself won't be altered).
          And this don't justify that Civ3 will be available here 3 weeks after Western Europe releases. I think they'll have also manual translated.

Arcanum in Polish version was available "some time" after worldwide release. So 5 months delay didn't make any better

Comment

I heard the same thing about Chips & Bits. Since we (probably) all ordered through the link here at Apolyton maybe Mark can ask them for a statement with regards to the shipping date. If it's realy going to be late November, like suggested in an earlier thread, we can at least cancel and order it elsewhere.
            Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

I've just mailed Chips & Bits for confirmation on the shipping date. I'll post the answer as soon as it comes in.
              Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Thanks, Mannamagnus! Very kind of you!

Comment

I ordered at Amazon.com. I'm paying $72, including shipping to the Netherlands. I just checked the status and here it is:

Delivery estimate: November 6-November 13
                  Civilization 3 Limited Edition Tin

They say it's shipping on 31 Oct.

This is their middle delivery. It's $4 more expensive than the cheapest, but a week faster.

Should be interesting to compare this and CB.
                  To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
                    I ordered at Amazon.com. I'm paying $72, including shipping to the Netherlands. I just checked the status and here it is:

This is their middle delivery. It's $4 more expensive than the cheapest, but a week faster.

Yeah, the trick is that we are at CB mercy since they are the only company shipping to our EE wilderness..

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                      Yeah, the trick is that we are at CB mercy since they are the only company shipping to our EE wilderness..
                      That sucks! What's up with Amazon? Eliteism?

Comment

I hope it will be on 5 Dec.
                        My girlfriend will manage to buy it as Christmas gift...
                        I've heared price in Poland will be under 100z³ ($25)
                        So I rather will not buy it by net...
                        No war or battle sound was heard the world around...

Comment

If Civ3 appears in Yugoslavian stores, it would be the first game ever which is possible to buy legally. And if price in Poland is going to be $25, then it should be $15 here.
                          None of this is going to happen, thought.
                          Zaki

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7

I just received a couple of DVDs ordered from Amazon. The interesting bit is that it arrived a day EARLY. They said 26 Oct- 5 Nov (it was standard shipping). I hope Civ3 will be here Nov 4!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pithorr
                              My girlfriend will manage to buy it as Christmas gift...
                              Very brave girlfriend.
                              Is she aware of the fact that the Game will take most of your free time?

Comment

Working...
                              X