Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16th Nov release date completely unnaceptable !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16th Nov release date completely unnaceptable !!

Am I alone in my severe irritation at being forced to wait for CIV3 .. there really is no excuse for this. I can certainly understand a 1 week distribution cycle, but 16 days !!!

As always, were forced to put up with this shabby arrangement

Anybody out there agree ??
    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

I probably wont buy civ3 until its on the discount rack, so it doesnt bother me
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I rather get it on the 30th then have to wait until the 16 next Month But in the end what can we do
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

It could be much worse. How does "couple of months" sound compared to two weeks?

Well anyway, I'm going to get the warez version first at 30th October and I'll buy it when it arrives at stores here at 16th November.

Comment

Yes, of course I agree.

Up until about a year ago the discrepancy caused by the Atlantic became shorter and shorter, for a lot of games in Sweden/Scandinavia it was down to about 2 days, but unfortunately this gap has widened lately and seems to grow as time goes by, and now 16 days!! That's a definite bummer!

Regards Tassadar
          "Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere" - Anonymous

Comment

Im moving house this weekend, and I was really looking forward to waiting 1 week max and getting Civ3 (New House, New Baby right !!)..

Now I have to sit here, and read how wonderful it is from everybody and drool ....

Now I would never wish a bug on anybody but I guess we will get advanced notice of these things .... still, I get really mad at how US Centric some companies are ..

Comment

I think that the problem is that they announced the release in the UK for the 30th as in the USA, that at least left a door opened for the Europeans to pre-order in Amazon.UK with express delivery, but now I have to wait till the game arrives form the UK at least three days more while the game is the shelves of the gameshops all over Europe. That is not fair

Comment

Re: 16th Nov release date completely unnaceptable !!

Originally posted by The Viceroy

Anybody out there agree ??

You're absolutely right! It's a bloody scandal!

How DARE they release it without MP! They should postpone the release until it's finished!
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I keep hearing that our UK brethren will be getting CivIII the same as us. So this isn't true then?

Comment

still, I get really mad at how US Centric some companies are ..
                    A US company being US Centric huh?

Shame on them!
                    (Its a lot easier to ship in ones infastructure)

They'll get there soon enough...don't soil your drawers
                    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I still can't decide whether or not to spoil the experience by downloading the warez version. Buying the game will sure be a great experience but playing it for the first time right afterwards will make that particular day a very happy one. So maybe i can wait 16 days, but visiting this board will be very hard.

Greetings,

Rince

Comment

15 days

So there will be 15 days between US and Europe release.
                        Do you know if we will get exactly the same version than in US, I mean in English?
                        The ice was here, the ice was there, the ice was all around: it cracked and growled and roared and howled like noises in a swound!

Comment

They'll get there soon enough...don't soil your drawers
                          Pants Soiled and sent to the distributors

Comment

Oh well, look at it another way, at least this gives us Brit Civvers 16 more days of having a Social/Family/Work life before it all gets totally overtaken by the all-encompassing civ addiction.

You know it will happen!

Pingu:

Comment

With the current crisis of confidence in air travel, do your bit for your national airline and fly to America at these crazily discounted prices. Get a 1-2 day break in the city of your choice then fly back clutching your very own copy of Civ3. Release date problems solved

The initial UK release is apparently 100% identical to the US version, with no customiSation or coloUr changes. That may even mean we get the US box, not the reputed European box.
                              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                              H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                              X