newZupdate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newZupdate

DanQ had asked me to do the newZupdates for the PTWDG, so here is the copy for the first edition...

WAR!
    730 BC: Just a few years after announcing their intentions to return to the continent of Bob to reclaim the city that had once been theirs, despite the threats of the three-civ native Bob coalition, the people of Vox Controli shocked the world by suddenly reversing course with Operation: Immortal Beloved and attacking their southern neighbors, Gathering Storm.
    None, of course, were more suprised than Gathering Storm's front-line warrior, Grog. His mountain-top perch was no shield from the many whirling swords of the Voxian Immortals. The fighting quickly moved from the battlefield to the world forum, where the rhetoric was thick, and the invective sharp.
    "Vox seems intent on proving themselves to the entire world to be untrustworthy and unstable. Soon they can expect to be unliving as well" said nbarclay, a citizen of Gathering Storm. Meanwhile, a popular new war ditty was circulated amongst the Voxian soliders by BetaHound

"Yes, Grog was there, tending his sheep,
    Having fun with them, and getting his sleep.
    He was fat and lazy, not much to do,
    Then war arrived, and Eli too.
    So storms may rage, and winds may swirl,
    But the real truth is - Grog fought like a girl."

The war is now in its early stages, but with both civilizations now in their Golden Ages, the combat can be expected to be brutal and bloody. The rest of the citizens of Apolyton watch intently, waiting to see what the future holds...

Legoland Constructs First Great Wonder of the World
    710 BC: It was a proud day today for the people of Legoland as they completed a project that had been worked on by generations of dedicated laborers from across their lands. With a great sounding of trumpets, Legos the Wise unveiled the Great Pyramids for all the world to see.
    "I don't really know where the idea first came from," stated Master Builder Kloreep, "we just tossed some old stones in a field one day, and then a few more, and then we all started to wonder just how many we could possibly stack up, and then... viola! 1000 years later we've got ourselves something pretty dang spiffy!"
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

That sounds good to me -what about providing a link to the international forum so the people can read the trash talking between Vox and GS?
    "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
    "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

It's a very good read ZargonX, great job.

Comment

I'm gonna be famous! I'm gonna be famous!

"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The newZupdate is very informative, readable and most important, humorous.

In addition, I would like to note that in my opinion, which is as objective as it can possibly be, GS's poems were as good as Vox's, if not better. In any case, they deserve to be published as much as the Voxian poem, IMHO. ZargonX, if you would not mind, please include one of GS's poems along with Vox's poem.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Oh no, the Gathering Poets strike back!

ZargonX I like especially the part about Legoland (despite the fact that the Enlightened is not mentioned )
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

I agree with Shiber here. We want, neh, demand our poems to be included
              -
              How about a few 'official' comments from other teams on this war?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Oh well if you get the poetry rebutal, then we should get a comment to counter nathan's scathing indictment of Vox foreign policy.

Nah - its OK. We can live with it.

And yes - I agree - your poetry was better.

Good stuff ZargonX.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

BetaHound, the newZupdate wouldn't be complete without a comment from Vox or some Voxian POV.
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                    BetaHound, the newZupdate wouldn't be complete without a comment from Vox or some Voxian POV.
                    POV or POW?

Comment

No, the newZupdate would not be complete without the Voxian POV. The war would not be complete without Voxian POWs.
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Congratulations to Lego on the pile of rocks... err Pyramids...!
                        Congratulations to ZargonX on this nice NewZupdate!
                        Congratulations to GS on their future defeat! :P

--Kon--
                        Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

If there's time, you might want to include a bit about the world's second wonder, the Great Lighthouse just completed in the Gathering Storm city of Hurricane. (If the base of the Lighthouse looks oddly similar to the lower portion of the Pyramids, it's not a coincidence.) Lord Nathan, long-time manager of Gathering Storm's economy, was heard saying, "This Great Lighthouse will light our way to victory!"

Comment

The Daily Blueprint's paparazzis sent pronto in the city of Hurricane have succeded in obtaining a secret image of the monstruoz ... wonder built there.

People of Apolyton! We are finally able to see the storm that is gathering over Estonia, because it is illuminated by the Lighting Pyramids of Hurricane!

"The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

The light of the lighthouse shall blind the Voxian immortals!
                              We shall concentrate its beam on their swords and armor until it melts away!
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                              X