• Show
Clear All

• /me crosses rivers...
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• /me raises feet and holds breath while crossing a bridge...

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaHound
        570bc save replayed and resent. I'm using 1.14f. I reloaded PTW and patched it this week - so there have been some changes to my machine. But it appears to be working just fine.
        Resent savegame received, still the same problem.

Another member of my team tried to play the turn - same problem.

Beta, could another member of your team play (just) this most recent turn? Just to rule out the possibility of your setup change messing things...? I have been using the same setup for months, no changes on my side.

Comment

• Thats not good news

Perhaps we shoud email Firaxis the save and password and let them try to diagnose the problem. Since Soren is a part of GS... but I don't know how we could get their attention on a saturday.

Comment

• There are already 4 (and not 3; I didn't count Vondrack first ) of us (from Lego) who tried to play the save without succes. Even when you just hit "end turn" without doing anything, it crashes. It must be something on Beta's machine (and hopefully not something worse than that).

Edit: I tried loading it both ways: from the main menu and from the MP menu. Same result.
            Last edited by Tiberius; May 3, 2003, 16:08.
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

• Now it's actually four Legos (me, Sharpe, quantum_mechani, and Tiberius) failing the same way. The savegame must be corrupted in some way. I have replayed our last working turn (590BC) and sent the save to GS again.

Let's do the full 570BC round replay, please - and keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

• These messages were posted in the GS private forum, and I thought that they might be of some use. It might give us a clue of what went wrong faster than it would take to redo a full turn.

Originally posted by notyoueither
                Don't worry yet, atw. The problem is most likely very recent. If not, it is going to be a bugger to find. The 'best' way to get past it, if it was not very recent, would be to start with our last turn, open- do nothing- end turn and move on to the next team, same thing- end turn and move on to the next team, same thing... until we see if we can get by the Lego turn. If that doesn't work, then one turn earlier, same procedure...
                Originally posted by Shiber
                NYE, what you're proposing can be done by Trip rather quickly, if he's given all the passwords.
                "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Trip, it's time to come back and play PtWDG

Pleeeeease
                  "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                  --George Bernard Shaw
                  A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                  --Woody Allen

Comment

• Alternatively, I think someone could load the game using the load cheat and see if the game crashes when the lego term finishes, but that is speculation, I don't know much about that cheat. really, I don't The problem with that would be that person would have to be outside the game or would have to withdraw after viewing the map.

Comment

• That person is Trip, again
                      --George Bernard Shaw
                      --Woody Allen

Comment

• Another Lego reports the savegame to be unplayable - redstar1 tried playing it not only with 1.14f, but with 1.21f, too... same result: crash.

Comment

• Which team was ahead in the scores during your turn, Vondrack? (trying to lighten things up)

This is depressing.

Comment

• Score-wise, GS kept the lead gained on Turn 99.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack
                              Score-wise, GS kept the lead gained on Turn 99.
                              So, can GS declare victory. j/k that would be a very unsatisfying win, if it could even be called that.

I would be willing to sacrifice my membership in GS to run through the saves to find the problem, if there are no alternatives.

Comment

• you coud join Lego then

Damn, where is Trip when you need him?
                                --George Bernard Shaw
                                --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X