Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vondrack - do you want me to replay and resend?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaHound
      vondrack - do you want me to replay and resend?

Guys, I have no idea what else to try... I had to go AFK for about two hours, but after coming back I tried really hard to overcome the problem - I tried skipping every single one of the actions planned by Lego for this turn... none was the cause. Eventually (yes, I know, it would have been better to start with that), I simply loaded the save received from Vox and immediately hit End Turn. Same result all the time - GPF, GPF, GPF...

Beta, be so kind, try replaying your turn, and send it to me again (perhaps zip it this time, to add at least the basic CRC check).

Otherwise, I have no idea what to do, as we are virtually unable to get through this turn in ANY way.

Comment

• Perhaps a Vox or GS wizard cast Time Stop?

Oops, wrong game.

Comment

• Vondrack, has any of Lego's other players tried to play the turn? Perhaps your installation simply got corrupted, somehow.
          Of course it is more likely that the save got corrupted on the way from Beta, but IMHO we should also cover that possibility.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• It has happened to me a couple of times....especially using hotmail email accounts.

Another time....all I had to do was a PC reboot, and civ worked again...but I am sure you have tried that.

Does it do the same thing with other PBEM games ? Misfits for example ?

Regs
            "No Comment"

Comment

• This is for the first time I have run into troubles with my PBEM games. I have rebooted every time before making a new attempt, to make sure there was no garbage in the memory and whatnot.

I am still able to (re)play the previous turn (590BC), but not this one (570BC). I'll post the save I got from Beta in our forum and ask other Legos to try playing the turn.

But either way, Beta, replay the turn, please, and resend the savegame. There must be something wrong with the one I got this morning.

Comment

• Maybe someone outside of the game, or trip, or even someone in the game could look at saves and work backwards a few turns using the load save bug to see if we can pin down when exactly something happened.

Comment

• Hmmm, Trip looking into the problem may be a very good idea. Do all teams post complete logs of their actions ingame? If yes, he could take our last save (that worked) and subsequently play - "on behalf" of other teams - all moves, using the "turnlogs" in private forums... if he's able to play all the way through, including our current turn, we'd know that just replaying the last round solves the problem.

Should not take long... Trip, could you do that for us, please?

Comment

• GS don't post exact turnlogs I'm afraid.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Then let's start with Beta/Vox replaying their turn and emailing again. If that does not help, we will have to replay the whole round... and just pray it helps.

The savegame is available in the Lego forum, but most everybody but me seems to be gone for the weekend...

No responses yet.

Comment

• Is everybody using the same version of the game? I don't know if you could even load the game, but...

Hopefully Beta can resend and it will be ok. If its not, I'm not sure how many turns we could feasibly go back, due to the labor and complexity of going back in time. One turn yes. Two turns, well, then actions start to change. Luckily nothing major has really even happened on the Vox-GS front, but still, a cat that hit now misses, what do you do?

It would be unacceptable to me to have to go back to pre-ramses for GS. I think that was three or four turns ago. That would ruin the game for me.

Comment

• With preserve random seed turned on if you do everything in the same order you will get the same results. IIRC we replayed out GL-creation turn after we'd finished so we could get a screenshot of Ramses.

It would be VERY hard to go back more than one or two turns and still do everything in exactly the same order, though.

However, since everything was working fine last turn whatever the problem is has only appeared very recently.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                            However, since everything was working fine last turn whatever the problem is has only appeared very recently.
                            hopefully, but I think I've had to go back a few saves before in my games to get one that wasn't corrupted. Though that was an earlier version of Civ3.

Comment

• 570bc save replayed and resent. I'm using 1.14f. I reloaded PTW and patched it this week - so there have been some changes to my machine. But it appears to be working just fine.
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• /me crosses fingers...
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X