Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we just say that it would be less confusing if this thread had another name, and leave it at that? I was confused myself at first, so I can certainly sympathize with confusion in others. But the thread is here, and I can't see replacing a system that's mostly working just because there's a bit of a learning curve involved - especially when so far, it just seems to be one person complaining. (Edit: Of course it could be that the other people who would be complaning aren't because they haven't figured things out well enough to figure out that this is where such complaints would belong. )

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
      Can we just say that it would be less confusing if this thread had another name, and leave it at that? I was confused myself at first, so I can certainly sympathize with confusion in others. But the thread is here, and I can't see replacing a system that's mostly working just because there's a bit of a learning curve involved - especially when so far, it just seems to be one person complaining. (Edit: Of course it could be that the other people who would be complaning aren't because they haven't figured things out well enough to figure out that this is where such complaints would belong. )
      I think thats a fair assessment of this situation.

BigFree, I'm sure that this thread part III can be labled more appropriately, if you asked at the right time, ie when this thread reaches 500 posts and is closed.

Comment

I suggest that BF keeps spamming this thread so it hits 500, then the new one can have a better name.

I think the name of this thread is confusing too. To me, it sounds like it is solely for the purpose of the teams posting "We have the save now".
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

What name would you propose for the "Who Has the Game Save? Part III" Thread.

"Why do you have the Save so long? Part I"?
          Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Originally posted by Darekill
            What name would you propose for the "Who Has the Game Save? Part III" Thread.

"Why do you have the Save so long? Part I"?
            If that wasn't funny , I'd say no.

Comment

The Saved Game thread II is supposed to be for only reporting. This thread is to be for comments, etc.
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
                The Saved Game thread II is supposed to be for only reporting. This thread is to be for comments, etc.

Yeah......I wasn't clear about that 'till now.......uh......thanks.

Comment

How about "Thread where we post Comments, so BigFree isn't as confused I"

Comment

You can't be more creative than that? Come on, I'll give you one more try.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      Sent to Togas, oliverfa, and Dejon a couple of days ago.
                      It says "Sent: Tue 4/29/2003 12:08 PM". That's EST.

Comment

• Où est le Save?

Le Save est sur la branche.

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• I am sorry to report that I am having a major problem playing the Lego turn - every time I hit the end turn button, the game crashes ungracefully. I have tried about five or six times, no success. I will keep trying to figure out what the problem is, but I have no idea how long it will take - sorry for that.

In the meantime, does anyone know if there are any well-known crash causing situations?

Comment

• uh oh. thats not good. not good at all.

Maybe it was corrupted when it was emailed to you?

Comment

• Vontrack, have you tried any experiments along the lines of just hitting the space bar for every unit before ending the turn? Obviously, a turn played that way would not be suitable to send on, but experimenting along those lines might help pin down whether the problem has to do with something you did during the turn.

Comment

• Will be away for approx 36 hours so one of the alternates from GoW needs to play the save.

Comment

Working...
                                X