This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :rolleyses:

I thought ND played all of GoW's turns, hence GoW never attacked ND like they said they would.

Comment

• Lego has received the turn with no save attached. Could Vox please resend?
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• That's odd because it shows up as being attached from my end. In any case I resent it.

Comment

• Just a question.

Is the 24 hour rule still set or are we to take our time we think we need.

We were tempted the last several turns to break it and were forced to act quickly that madesome decisions not "optimal" for ND.

If everyone is free to break it we would hold the save a little bit longer too next turn.

This is an issue about fairness too i think....
          Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

• I am under the impression that RL issues prevented RP from playing their turn in time.
            They still owe you an explanation though.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber
              I am under the impression that RL issues prevented RP from playing their turn in time.
              They still owe you an explanation though.
              Our General didn't show up. We waited around for him for a number of hours before the decision was made to just start without him.

Thing is, when you're playing a normal turn it's rare when something surprising comes up when you open a new save, so you can afford to plan ahead and turns themselves can be passed quickly. When you're in a war, turns move slowly because there's something completely new to notice and make plans about before executing everything every single time you open the save file.

Personally, I wouldn't have any problem if ND took longer with the save.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• I understand that and accept the reason for the delay.
                Still I will try to keep the 24 hour rule as good as any possible. Though it will be obvious that we will fully use our time that if we need it.
                Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

• Could someone from ND please post their players' Email addresses?
                  Nathan has them, but he's not around. I myself am going to sleep. NYE will send the save as soon as he has the addresses (either from an ND'er or Nathan).
                  Last edited by Shiber; August 9, 2003, 18:58.
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• I have

darekill {at} gmx {dot} de
                    "No Comment"

Comment

• Thanks!
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos

When you're in a war, turns move slowly because there's something completely new to notice and make plans about before executing everything every single time you open the save file.
                        Understood.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Patch 1.27 ?
                          Playing Civ 4

Comment

• Vox turnplayers: I'm going to be away for a while, so you can stop sending the turn to me.

Comment

• don't patch until everything else patches, likely when the UK one is gtg.
                              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                              ---------
                              May God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X