This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiber

Good thinking. But ohh, that's nothing... imagine if the same happened in the ISDG! Then Firaxis would have 8 sites going after them!
    Absolutely, we need to bring this situation to the attention of the entire ISDG and inform them there is a strong possibility we may not be able to finish the game as PTW appears to be fatally flawed.

Then see if Firaxis fixes it.

Comment

• And then we'll all march down to Firaxis's headquarters with pitchforks and torches and demand that they fix our game!
      Who is with me?
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Question - as this is essentially the same as all the pbem games being played - has anyone else experienced or know about a similar issue with any of the pbem games out there.

Presumably some of them have gotten as far or farther than we have.

And a second question - if someone in this game did play the save using 1.21, does it necessarily crash with the next person to use 1.14, or can it last a number of turns. I always thought it would happen right away.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I think it would be a lot more diplomatic to give Firaxis a chance to deal with the matter quietly before bringing it up with the ISDG community.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
            When I ran the game from 710, I used the 1.21 patch, still crashed.
            That's very not good...

From what I know about things like this, if that's really what happened, then there's nothing we can do... I fear that this game may be finished.

Comment

• Of course, I was just joking around.
              Besides, I don't have any pitchforks at home anyway.
              Last edited by Shiber; May 5, 2003, 12:07.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber
                Of course, I was just joking around.
                Besides, I don't have any pitchforks at home anyway.
                Who wouldn't think you were joking around?

Sheesh

Firaxis get bad publicity for PTW? I think I've heard that one before....

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaHound
                  And a second question - if someone in this game did play the save using 1.21, does it necessarily crash with the next person to use 1.14, or can it last a number of turns. I always thought it would happen right away.
                  I played from 710 using 1.21 and it crashed, so the bug might be unrelated to the patch differences.

Comment

• Has anyone received any response from Firaxis? I emailed them a couple of days ago and haven't received a response (mind you it was the weekend) but considering how many people are involved with this game it might be nice for anyone who gets ANY response from Firaxis to post it in order to update the rest of the community.

Could we at least get a Newz article for Apolyton's main page stating that the PTW Demo game is on hold pending a discovery on how to keep PTW from crashing?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree
                      I still say that an outside person can recreate the game in it's entirety by creating a scenario out of the current game. The map can be exported, using Gramphos's tool. The units, cities, improvements, buildings can all be placed according to in-game specifications, right up to the amount of culture a given city has. If Firaxis can't come up with a fix we should do this; wasting all that play time wouldn't make anyone happy.

It would take someone quite a bit of time to do this, but it can be done.

Else, we have the PTWDG II starting in about a month.
                      As a last ditch, this will work.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• (I know I'm going to regret, this, but) I will reconstruct the map using Gramphos' editor. I believe that using all the features of the C3MT almost everything can be redone except fog-of-war, so all the teams can have fun exploring the map all over again.

Comment

• Could we at least get a Newz article for Apolyton's main page stating that the PTW Demo game is on hold pending a discovery on how to keep PTW from crashing?
                          I will write one up today and send it off to the powers-that-be.
                          I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip
                            (I know I'm going to regret, this, but) I will reconstruct the map using Gramphos' editor. I believe that using all the features of the C3MT almost everything can be redone except fog-of-war, so all the teams can have fun exploring the map all over again.
                            what about the islands that we haven't discovered, what are you going to do about that? there is a large amount of black space right now...

Comment

• What would be the problem?

Comment

• Also, AFAIK there's no way to set the city production levels is there? I mean, most cities on the map are building something...
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X