Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this will not help anything, but in few PBEM games in which i am involved, there were two almost same kind of bugs, and they were fixed by replaying the turn and adjusting preferences during the turn, before saving, with CTRL-P to something totally different than what they were before.

Atleast trying it will not hurt anyone, even i have to admit that it sounds very strange.

Comment

• DP
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• This is gonna end up like the scene from 'weird science'
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber
          If our current attempt to fix the problem (returning to Lego's previous turn and retracing from there; I understand that RP has the save now) doesn't yield any positive results, perhaps we should try the same thing over again, except Lego would upgrade to 1.21 before playing their previous turn and sending it to GS. Perhaps there's something in the 1.21 patch that would solve the problem, and it only works if it is applied the turn previous to the one that crashes.
          When I ran the game from 710, I used the 1.21 patch, still crashed.

Comment

• we have replayed the save and sent it to Vox. Let's see how it goes...

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
              When I ran the game from 710, I used the 1.21 patch, still crashed.
              Aww krap...
              Could you try Conqueror's solution? Or have you already tried that?
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber

Aww krap...
                Could you try Conqueror's solution? Or have you already tried that?
                I tried that, still crashed for me

Comment

• Replayed (on my old system just to be doubly sure - although I have no problems with other pbem games on my new install) and forwarded to Legos. Fingers crossed.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Even the fully replayed 570BC eound savegame I received from Beta this night crashes... exactly like all the other saves before (but I admit I am not surprised - I haven't expected it to work after what asleepatwheel found out... it seems the problem was introduced many turns ago - it just waited for "its moment").

I believe our last hope is nye's contact at Firaxis.

BTW, should we manage to get out of this mess, I would not ask for asleepatwheel withdrawing from the game completely. All I would ask for would be that he remains just an observing member of GS - not posting or voting, so that he cannot even subconsiously use the information gained by examining the faulty save. Having to leave the team altogether would seem too much to me, considering the context.

Comment

• Originally posted by vondrack

Even the fully replayed 570BC eound savegame I received from Beta this night crashes... exactly like all the other saves before (but I admit I am not surprised - I haven't expected it to work after what asleepatwheel found out... it seems the problem was introduced many turns ago - it just waited for "its moment").

I believe our last hope is nye's contact at Firaxis.
                      A very strange bug. I wonder if we looked at a 4000BC save if we would find this game doomed from the start. Hopefully Firaxis can repair it or at least figure out what is wrong with it. It would be such a shame to lose a game that a hundred players have invested hours and hours (and thousands of posts ) in, very disheartening, especially when it was getting tense.

Originally posted by vondrack
                      BTW, should we manage to get out of this mess, I would not ask for asleepatwheel withdrawing from the game completely. All I would ask for would be that he remains just an observing member of GS - not posting or voting, so that he cannot even subconsiously use the information gained by examining the faulty save. Having to leave the team altogether would seem too much to me, considering the context.
                      I knew when I looked at the save what the consequences would be. That said, I would greatly appreciate watching the action on the GS forum as it unfolds when I can.

Of course, if Lego sold the world the map, then my "knowledge" would become outdated rather quickly j/k of course.

I just hope someone can fix this game....

Comment

• I still say that an outside person can recreate the game in it's entirety by creating a scenario out of the current game. The map can be exported, using Gramphos's tool. The units, cities, improvements, buildings can all be placed according to in-game specifications, right up to the amount of culture a given city has. If Firaxis can't come up with a fix we should do this; wasting all that play time wouldn't make anyone happy.

It would take someone quite a bit of time to do this, but it can be done.

Else, we have the PTWDG II starting in about a month.

Comment

• Do we have anyone at Firaxis we can contact about this. I would think this first PTW Demo game would be bad publicity for them if it was unplayable because of bugs in their programming.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                            Do we have anyone at Firaxis we can contact about this.
                            Isn't that what NYE has done? Or did I misread something?

At the very least we need to get them to take a long hard look at the saves so they can fix the bug (whatever the f**k it is) in the next patch.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                              I would think this first PTW Demo game would be bad publicity for them if it was unplayable because of bugs in their programming.
                              Good thinking. But ohh, that's nothing... imagine if the same happened in the ISDG! Then Firaxis would have 8 sites going after them!
                              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Firaxis - help!

Comment

Working...
                                X