Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want everyones teams to think if they made any Diplomatic moves in this last turn that might have changed things; like delcaring war, a trade of luxeries, ect......units movements don't usually cause crashes since back to the 1.29 Civ 3 patch.

Was there an in-game Alliances that may have been broken? Like gpt deals. Any cities that may have changed hands or been razed?

I guess Trip would be the one to answer these questions and analyze them.

Also, but I don't know much about it, doesn't Gramphos have an editor for the save games for PTW now? Maybe Trip or Gramphos can use that tool to take a look at the last few saves to see if they can find anything out. Maybe enev Gramphos can make a copy of the games map and resources and turn it into a scenario with everything in it's exact place at a certain turn. It would create a whole new game, bypassing whatever bug is causing the crash perhaps. The culture of each city could even be added in the editor, though I'm not sure if Gramphos's tool can allow for a specific amount of culture to be added for each culture producing building or if he could adjust the age of the individual builds to account for their ability to increase the amount of culture per turn they produce. (double for every 1,000 years).

Just some ideas....it would really suck not to be able to fix the current game/save; but at least we know it is 'possible', though difficult and time consuming, to get a really close approximation of the current game made into a new one.

Comment

• After thinking about it a little more....I believe it is drum roll please.... Trip who corrupted the save somehow so that the PTWDG II would be more popular and take off quickly!

We all know how truly Trip is!

Comment

• The highly probables...

1. Something wrong with vondrack's email that leads to corruption of the files. This has happened to me (using hotmail). Have the other Legos who have tried the turn been mailed the save directly from Vox, or did they get it from vondrack?

2. Something wrong with Beta's fresh instalation. Is anyone else from Vox around who could send vondrack and 1 or 2 other Lego's a save after reproducing the Vox turn?

I think that one of these solutions will very likely get things unstuck sooner than playing an entire turn again.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• 1. Vondrack's. ZargonX, who is the only one who also gets the save from Vox, is apparently not around.

Perhaps Beta could upload the save on Poly and PM the link to Vondrack (or whoever is online from Lego) ?

Note: Don't send it to me. I was just going to bed. Good luck with the save.
          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

• Let me track down another Voxian...
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Doh - a better idea. I still have the old machine here with the old installation. As no Voxians are on-line right now - other than me - I will play on the old machine - whcih I have used for months - and send it on. If it still has a problem - then I would suggest it came in with the save. Give me 10 minutes.
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Excellent!
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Great, I hope that fixes it. If not, then back to square one.

Comment

• 3rd attempt to vondrack and ZargonX. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• I have a sinking feeling that this won't fix it.

BH, is this the first save (the one that has problems for Lego) you've played on the new machine?

Comment

• Have we verified that the last person to play the save was using 1.14 because your description is the error you get when you try to play 1.21 saves on a 1.14 system.

Comment

• Beta was able to play the turn, he has reported playing it with 1.14f, unless he is mistaken, that is not the cause this time.

Comment

• It is definitely 1.14f. I used the patch from ... civfanatics IIRC. Also sent to Kloreep - and I have talked with him in the SPDG chat just a few minutes ago.

But it was the first save I have played with the new set-up.

Comment

• Tried the save sent directly from Beta; it crashed too.

Comment

• OK- so now we need Eli or another Voxian to play it - and if that still does not work - we start backing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X