Political Citystates Rules Mod Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Citystates Rules Mod Discussion

Let's use this thread to discuss rules modifications and gameplay. Any changes should be playtested to insure playability before we start the game.

I'm working on a test setup to add a total of 32 Luxuries to see if they all contribute Happy Faces. This would add the element of our Citystates needing to go and acqure/trade these luxuries to maintain the happiness of the growing Citystate with the Palace being modified to act as a Sewer System.

Now that I am cleared up on the fact that there are at least two CS games happening, I still want to pull together the mod. I still won't be playing.

I have a pretty good map, going. so far with the Barbarian Settler (C=10s, no pop).

I suggest a Tech tree mod that puts maps parallel to writing, requiring alphabet and pottery. It allows for a quicker expoloration without giving it away.

I know GF was talking about the UUs having hidden nationalities (except a few).. But I am utrying to understand why some dont get hidden nationalities. I agree Gurella should have hidden nationalities.

Palace acts like aquaduct and sewer system and makes 2 happy in city and 1 happy in empire. This will be key with the early growth potential.

Mss
    Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Alright tried the pop cost for unit thing and the AI is completely confused. I suggest we simply convert the UUs to allow everyone access and get going.

Who wants to be on what team?

Comment

What are the teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
          What are the teams?
          We need to make teams, the poll results indicated 5 human teams and 3 AI barbarian empires.

Do we want to go with an Ancient theme?

Perhaps Romans, Greeks, Carthage, Egypt, and Persia?

Comment

Ah I see...I actually like the team theme of all working towards a goal..."The Collective" sounds pretty good.

Concerning the actual nationality of the human teams...I, for one, really like the Iroquois.

Comment

Since no other team nationalities have been decided as of yet, I will be the first to suggest the following team:

NATIONALITY: Iroquois

NAME: The Wyandot Collective (WC for short - I know, WC is another term for "wash closet" or "bathroom" - but, let's see who "urinates on whom"! ) But being 1/8 Wyandot myself, you can see why I'm partial to the tribe.

THEME: The Collective - a "smallish" sized team with all members will having equal say in all aspects of our glorious empire management- majority carries the action in question.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Has interest wained with Ghengis' new game plan?
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I was just making sure that one of the teams were Iroquois. I am modding the map slowly, play testing a little.......

GF, What is the thought behind the hidden nationality for the UUs?

We need to form some teams...... I am out as Map Maker...

Mss
                  Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Well, I think it is only appropriate that the Greeks be involved. I would definatley participate on a Greek team; I can't say that I would run it, as I may be running a team in the mini-PTWII, but if that falls through...
                    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                      Has interest wained with Ghengis' new game plan?
                      Instead of following through with any of our ideas the populous seems to come up with another PTW Demo game idea every other week.

Comment

Working...
                      X