Private Forums for Citystates game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Forums for Citystates game?

A big part of PtW games is the backstabbing- Civilization has always been about choosing who to attack between your #1 enemy and a punching bag, I'd like to keep the possalities open. Not having private forums would channel our intentions down the cooperative path. Lets keep paranioa alive, and increase the possibilty that an inter faction war will kill us all. MAD would add an interesting dimension to the game!

I'd say go for private forums - It's rather difficult to plan and backstab if the enemy knows your plan of attack. We evil would-be world conquerors need our privacy.
    Join a Democracy Game today!
    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

It's obvious we need private forums, but whether or not Markos will deliver is the question.

Comment

No, the entire purpose of this was for it to be in the open making it more difficult to successfully plot against one another. With private forums it will just be another PTW Demo game, this was supposed to be something lighthearted and different.

Comment

I concur GF

Comment

Yes, I am in agreement. There will still be pms and closed chat sessions for plotting and conspiracy but the overall progress and dominance of each citystate will be available for all to see.

Comment

One of the key elements is that the teams will be playing cooperatively each one coordinating its own win, out in the open for the other city sytates can help or not.

I am against open forums,. Let the secret stuff happen secretely, via PMs, email and private chats.

B ut then again I am not playing. So I am pulling the world together for you....

here is my two cents...

An idea I like is to have 6 (or three) human Civs. Spaceship Cultural and Dominations are the only wins available. Two (or one) civs per victory conditions. 2-3 Sick growing AI on Emperor, standard world lots of contenents, dispersed resources.

That is the basics of the mod I have going.
              I still need to figure out what the hidden nationality mod does....

Mss
              [edit:clarity]
              Last edited by ManicStarSeed; April 2, 2003, 02:29.
              Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Yeah no private forum.... We are all one "nation".. it will be like political parties plotting something agst another party. It has to be done in that fashion.

Also, we gotta allow backstabbing. Since everyone will be a member of all city states, it would be harder to decide who will support your lil political agenda, and consider that into the political game. Now that would be fun.
                :-p

Comment

You know we could alter the scenario data so that if we had 4 human teams each AI would start with 4 workers and 4 settlers thus giving each AI team the exact number of starting units as the combined Human teams.

Comment

I'm positive to private forums, as some things might be pure citystate affairs.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

You really think that no private forums can work?

As soon as each team starts up the game, they post a screenshot.

Now everyone knows where everyone else is, no matter how close or far away.

There are many issues that could mire things down without private forums. Either that or everything could be conducted via PMs.

Comment

Trip, we are gonna start right next to each other since thats how we are gonna mod the map. We are a city state after all.

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                        You know we could alter the scenario data so that if we had 4 human teams each AI would start with 4 workers and 4 settlers thus giving each AI team the exact number of starting units as the combined Human teams.
                        More like 5-6. Because we are mutiple civs, our multiple traits allowes us to technically start out with more than 2 tech.
                        :-p

Comment

Working...
                        X