No announcement yet.

Vox Public Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, but which one is gonna full steam, and which one is gonna hold back, waiting/hoping for the other to do the hard work.
    -
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound

The emotions I can understand. The logic eludes me.
      A glimmer of hope. Perhaps logic will prevail.

Peace?
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

A glimmer of hope. Perhaps logic will prevail.

Peace?

You know how to make peace!

Abandon the founded city and leave our continent with all your forces.

It is all up to you!!

Comment

* alva rushes to Grand Poobah to tell him, our worker army strategy might not cut it ! *
          No fear Alva, we shall just make sure to build our Workers from Barracks cities. I have a feeling Lux was trying to defend with regular Workers... and while they are (er.. were) Industrious as are we, that just never works.

Veteran Workers are the key to victory!

Comment

You mean orange veteran workers, don't you ?
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

If possible, yes.

I hope this isn't disclosing too much information, but... Sadly, at this point our researchers seem to have only discovered the color Blue! While Blue is complimentary to Orange, it is hardly a substitute.

We had hoped to steal the color red from Lux before their unfortunate demise. It seems Vox was onto us and decided to monopolize the color through force before our agents could infiltrate DissiPordentvilletia. The true Red was lost in the fighting. Negotiations with Vox fell through when it was realized their Red would not make a suitable mate with ND's Yellow.

Our only hope now lies in switching from an RGB to a HSV system. The revolution will be a swift one...

Comment

Originally posted by [DG]mav_son

You know how to make peace!

Abandon the founded city and leave our continent with all your forces.

It is all up to you!!
                It was this kind of rhetoric which brought us to war in the first place. Or should I say you. As Vox still strives for peace.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

In order to maintain peace in the face of such aggressive and uncompromising behaviour, Vox has 'sold' the city in question and is removing its troops from the Bobian/Borcian continent.

To those in the international community who understood and supported our position in this matter, Vox Controli thanks you.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that, we will offer you a peace agreement the next turn then. Though i wonder why GoW did this without telling their allies.
                    Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Though i wonder why GoW did this without telling their allies.
                      Maybe the clue is in the last word of your sentence (and their name of course)
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Though i wonder why GoW did this without telling their allies.
                        The idea was to take Vox off of our continent, was it not?
                        Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                        King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                        ---------
                        May God Bless.

Comment

Hah. I agree that you should have rights to all the land that was Lux's. No argument there. But this was never Lux's!!
                          Yes it was!
                          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

If there were AIs in this game they would all be swarming over that empty land. All we want is a little piece of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

Yes it was!
                              Ah - I don't recall seeing any borders from our side.

Comment

Originally posted by Darekill
                                I'm glad to hear that, we will offer you a peace agreement the next turn then. Though i wonder why GoW did this without telling their allies.
                                Had to see if Vox would uphold their part of the deal first.
                                "No Comment"

Comment

Working...
                                X