No announcement yet.

Vox Public Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no problem we will get what we want, one way or another be sure you will have a hard life on borconia if at all...
    Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

Perhaps GS should consider their actions, if they found themselves in ND, GoW's or RP's position, and discovered an invasion force and a settler preparing to create a city as a staging point for war.
      Invasion force? Two immortals looks more like a deterrent against an attack on the settler/city than like anything intended for offensive operations. Staging point for war? The city would definitely have that potential if Vox would choose to use it that way, but my impression is that economics alone provide ample reason for Vox to want a city there. And it's not as if Vox is the biggest, most powerful civ on Apolyton. So the question if I were in that situation would be, is kicking Vox off the continent worth the price I'd have to pay relative to other civs if I'd fight them?

Of course Darekill's charge that Vox said they'd leave and then didn't raises some additional concerns from ND's perspective beyond the purely pragmatic.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
        Of course Darekill's charge that Vox said they'd leave and then didn't raises some additional concerns from ND's perspective beyond the purely pragmatic.
        I agree to your points, Nathan, but this last one is putting it mildly... We would probably go to war over this alleged kind of dishonesty too. Even if I personally agree that Vox has some special rights which makes this an exceptional situation, instead of a militaristic expansion, nobody should lie, ever.

If they promised to leave, they should leave. If they didn't, other teams might consider Vox's position a bit, some compromis should be possible here, IMHO.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

We are not greedy, the land is simply a spoil of war. Both ND & GoW earned the rights to the land.
          Hah. I agree that you should have rights to all the land that was Lux's. No argument there. But this was never Lux's!! That's the point NeuD and GoW seem to be missing.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Invasion force? Two immortals looks more like a deterrent against an attack on the settler/city than like anything intended for offensive operations. Staging point for war? The city would definitely have that potential if Vox would choose to use it that way, but my impression is that economics alone provide ample reason for Vox to want a city there. And it's not as if Vox is the biggest, most powerful civ on Apolyton. So the question if I were in that situation would be, is kicking Vox off the continent worth the price I'd have to pay relative to other civs if I'd fight them?
            Thank-you Nathan. Nicely put.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

So the question if I were in that situation would be, is kicking Vox off the continent worth the price I'd have to pay relative to other civs if I'd fight them?
              And one more point to add to Nathan's comments - and that is taking on Lux before they had an army ready will certainly be different than taking on a Vox city defended by spearmen and immortals. As the city is surrounded by grassland tiles, the NeuD swordsmen will be dead before they even get a chance to attack - and it will take a lot of GoW horsemen to break through. Casualties will be high. And for what - a corner of a continent far from both capitols.

The emotions I can understand. The logic eludes me.

And to all those who have suggested we should have asked or informed them first - do you honestly think their reaction would have been more positive? Even before we had planned on landing we had been told we weren't welcome.

Comment

We are not greedy, the land is simply a spoil of war. Both ND & GoW earned the rights to the land.
                What war?!

You didn't fight a single battle.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
                  And for what - a corner of a continent far from both capitols.
                  Wait a minute, I thought you said it was close to your capital!

The truth revealed!

Comment

far from both your capitals

Jon Milelr
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                      Jon Milelr
                      Is this a hip new spelling of your last name?

Comment

Originally posted by alva

What war?!

You didn't fight a single battle.
                        We huffed and we puffed and blew their towns down.

There was one battle.
                        Horseman vs worker.
                        It was a close fight, but our horseman was victorious.

"No Comment"

Comment

* alva rushes to Grand Poobah to tell him, our worker army strategy might not cut it ! *
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Horseman vs worker.
                            Hey, almost missed that !!!

I demand for all slaves to set free right away !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
                              Hah. I agree that you should have rights to all the land that was Lux's. No argument there. But this was never Lux's!! That's the point NeuD and GoW seem to be missing.
                              Fine. Stay and devote enormous amounts into a futile battle that you cannot win. If you think that GS is just going to sit back and watch the fire works, your nuts.

I doesn't matter if you think our claim is valid, we have made it and are going to back it up Militarily.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

It isn't so much that another civ claims the land as do you think you can sucessfully defend it from three civs who don't have to rely on ships and harbors to assault the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X