No announcement yet.

Vox Public Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you go to war over this, you will allow any civ to go to war with any other civ over them building a city. So later in the game the most powerful civ's can just say:
    "Well if we see any civ build a city we will go to war with them."
    I just don't understand how you can get so upset with us settling on land that would have become ours anyway with cultural expansion.
    "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

You built it. You made the choice. You are now at war with at a minimum of 3 civs. I do not think your "Immortals" will live up to there name.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
        Should we make a new thread Officially declaring war?
        What purpose would that serve? Are you really that desperate for attention?
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by mjmacy
          I just don't understand how you can get so upset with us settling on land that would have become ours anyway with cultural expansion.
          The fact that it would have become yours under cultural expansion 3000 turns from now is stretching it pretty thin.

Comment

yes GS already knows where our borders are and the dividing line between us. Nothing more needs to be said about that.

Unlike teams like Lux, we can work out our differences JK of course.

Comment

This is my own personal opinion:

A settler, a few Spear, and a couple of Immortals does not an invasion force make. IMO without any information at all (I always make an opinion before I hear the facts, so I can be a bullhead about it), they're simply colonizing the land--sorry, but until it's in your territory or it's covered by agreement, land is in open season.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Now, if you excuse me, I'll read the facts and stop saying random **** without any information.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                  This is my own personal opinion:

A settler, a few Spear, and a couple of Immortals does not an invasion force make. IMO without any information at all (I always make an opinion before I hear the facts, so I can be a bullhead about it), they're simply colonizing the land--sorry, but until it's in your territory or it's covered by agreement, land is in open season.
                  Thanks for clarifying that, ALL THE LUXURIES ON SOUTH BOB ARE OFFICIALLY FAIR GAME UNLESS IN SOMEONE'S CULTURAL BOUNDARIES BY DECLARATION OF MRMITCHELL FROM THE ROLEPLAY TEAM!

There's Iron, Ivory, Gems, Spice, and Silk in them dar hills!

Any of you non-Bob civs want to buy a treasure map?
                  Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; March 24, 2003, 19:08.

Comment

Now that I have listend to reason from the private forum, I've been convinced that they probably should pull back (as the settlement was a surprise and all, and I didn't expect anyone _other_ than GoW or ND to settle it, nor did anyone else.) Also, you should know that all Declarations of Mrmitchell are worthless because he is almost 3000 years old and very, very senile. Leave the declarations to Grand Despot Togas please.

Comment

Now that I have listend to reason from the private forum, I've been convinced that they probably should pull back (as the settlement was a surprise and all, and I didn't expect anyone _other_ than GoW or ND to settle it, nor did anyone else.) Also, you should know that all Declarations of Mrmitchell are worthless because he is almost 3000 years old and very, very senile. Leave the declarations to Grand Despot Togas please.
                      GoW officially recognizes the declaration authority of mrmitchell for the Roleplay team retroactive to about 45 minutes ago.

Comment

Mrmitchell officially gives declaration authority to Togas, and refers all future GoW requests for Declarations to Togas.

Mrmitchell shuts his trap now.

Comment

Mrmitchell officially gives declaration authority to Togas, and refers all future GoW requests for Declarations to Togas.

Mrmitchell shuts his trap now.
                          That's okay, we only recognized your authority for the half hour or so we needed it.

Comment

Any of you non-Bob civs want to buy a treasure map?
                            Yes, please!
                            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Mrmitchell officially retroactively turns over Declaration Authority to Togas, retroactive to the start of España.

Now Mrmitchell shuts his trap, unless further clarification is needed.

Comment

/me takes a roll of duct tape to tape shut mrmitchells mouth......

E_T
                                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                                Worship the Comic here!
                                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                                X