X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Daily Blueprint, Vol. 4

Daily Blueprint, Vol. 4

Legoland Takes to the Seas
    Jackson, 1300 BC: In a great leap forward in the history of our lands, recent years have marked the first successful trans-oceanic voyage by Legoland's first ship of exploration. A galley, dubbed "Galleyleo Galleylei" by its bold crew, set off into the vast uncharted sea to try and answer once and for all the question "are we alone in the world?"

Interest in undertaking such a journey had increased greatly in the past several years, following the sight and smell of great plumes of smoke coming from across the ocean to the East.

"You see, it is the smoke that clinched it for me," says Hirem Vector, a wiseman of Legopolis. "Once we saw that smoke, we knew that there had to be land out there somewhere. Smoke means fire, and eveyone knows that water doesn't burn, as proven conclusively in the Gearbox-Oblong debate
    of 1427."

With scientific evidence proving that there must be land, would-be explorers lobbied the government heavily to fund such a project. After much protest, President Vondrack granted them the funding they desired

"Fine, take your stupid money! Just get off my damn lawn, you rabble!" proclaimed the President in an early-morning address from the balcony of his mansion.

"This is a proud day for all of us," exclaimed John Brickson, one of the many new shipbuilders popping up across the land. "Many said this voyage would fail, but we showed them!" With the success of this first mission, it is expected that soon more journeys of exploration will be undertaken, seeking out new and different peoples of the world.

"What really matters, as I see it, is that now my job finally means something," Foreign Minister Nimitz was quoted as saying upon hearing the news of first contact.

The Daily Blueprint will continue to bring you updates of what new discoveries the crew of the G.G. discover, as well as coverage of all instances of scurvey that may arise.

Internation Blockball League Being Pondered
    RedBrick, 1280 BC: With the recent discovery of other peoples in the world, the Official Blockball League of Legos (O.B.L.L.) is looking into the possibility of exporting the sport to new cultures, building better relationships and providing entertainment for the world.

Despite low popularity among the citizens of Legos, with crowds often topping out at ten to fifteen, league chairman and power forward of the RedBrick Loggers Tylor Basalt maintains that the sport has a strong growth potential in foreign markets.

"It's exotic; people like that sort of thing. Besides, I can't possibly imagine that anyone in the world has created a sport more action-packed than Blockball" stated Basalt from his bed at the Jackson Health Centre where he is recuperating from a hernia and pulled quad.

"The Blockball League of the World.. I can see it now; B.L.O.W. in giant gilded letters atop a mighty colliseum! Who would laugh at us then?"

Barbarians: Where do they Come From?
    Legopolis, 1280 BC: Every year, wisemen from across the land convene at the Legopolis Lyceum to explore, in depth, a topic that Legos the Wise feels we know to little of. This year, our glorious leader has selected the question of "Where do Barbarians come from?"

"We kill them off, we take their gold, and then we leave. We don't get more than a few miles away, and suddenly they're back! It just doesn't make sense!" exclaimed Sirus Grumbios, a Numidian Mercenary. The wisemen are determined to figure out exactly how the barbarians suddenly appear from the wilderness. Current popular hypotheses include networks of underground tunnels, assistance from other-worldly creatures, and magic.

The Daily Blueprint will be on the scene when a final answer is found.

/edit: sometimes formatting helps...
    Last edited by ZargonX; March 13, 2003, 22:00.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Thank-you! Thank-you! Great stuff!
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Barbarians come from Spontaneous Generation in the fog.

Comment

They hide in the bushes and wait for you to leave.

Comment

Smoke means fire, and eveyone knows that water doesn't burn, as proven conclusively in the Gearbox-Oblong debate of 1427.
          Priceless, simply priceless!

Comment

This stuff is so good.
            Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
            Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
            President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Excellent work Legos, you amaze me yet again!
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Good job ZargonX.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X