Democracy game???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democracy game???

how do you play this style of game? is this game online? are their certain times when the game starts and stops? example 9:00-11:00 Mon. wed. fri. ? Or is it always going, and people take turns?
    How can I get involved?
    "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Well, I'll try to answer your questions, but eh, lets see, someone else can post the links for you to go check out.

Basically, a democracy game is with hundreds of people, or 10 people, it doesn't matter.

They elect a leader, sometimes called President, or whatever. The President physically plays the game, (ie moves the pieces and etc).

This is a Play The World Democracy Game, so it's the multiplayer version of Civ. Here we have, uh 7 teams I believe (well six now since one got conquered). Each team is made up of seperate gamers.

What they do is each individual team forms their own government, some of them run things like a democracy (like voting for their leaders or nominating them), others operate like a dictatorship (leader makes all the decisions).

It's pretty fluid actually.

Each team has Presidents, or foreign ministers (to conduct diplomatic negotiations with the other teams), or war ministers, or whatever they want to do for their government.

Then, as the turns go around, you just send the save game file to the next team, they play their turn, and so on and so forth. It's pretty simple.

I'm sure someone else can explain it better. LOL
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Basically try to imagine you and a bunch of friends in one room, with one computer. You decide, well hey "josh is the best one, so lets make him president", then you say "brian is the best with money, lets put him in charge of the economy" and etc.

Then you all discuss each turn, and the President does what you all decide.

The only difference between my example and what we do here is that there are people from all over the world playing on the same teams, or against eachother.

So if a team has a bunch of Americans, and a few Germans, or Chinese citizens, or whatever, then day and night all the time someone is up and probably discussing what to do with their team.

Make any sense?
      Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
      Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

mjmacy, the only thing Meshelic didn't mention and it is maybe improtant, is that this PtW demo game is played by email. So it is a PtW PBEM game. Each team makes its moves (they decide it internally what to do, like Meshelic described it; note that every team has a private froum where they can discuss things in complete secrecy) then send the save to the next team. So it not "online" in the way you might think it is. Only the discussions are online, the game itself is not.

PS You can get involved by becoming member in one of the teams. Read about the teams here:
        Team and Game Details
        Last edited by Tiberius; March 10, 2003, 03:32.
        "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
        --George Bernard Shaw
        A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
        --Woody Allen

Comment

Vox is open to membership

But yes we play the game as a normal PBEM game.

But we discuss everthing about the nation in a private forum. We even roleplay a little bit.

so instead of just having one person for each team, we have 5 or more people on each team.

One interesting thing about this game is diplomacy is real big. You won't find that in an mp game. And many pbem games don't have that much diplomacy compared to these games.

Comment

WOW this sounds like a great way to play. although it will be difficult not have the final say as I/anyone does when playing sp or mp. I will definetly get involved
            "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Anyone willing to make an offer one a long time civer. who is a history and possibly international relations major

Comment

BTW thanks for the help

Comment

Well, all of the teams are looking for new members, I believe, so it's up to you as to which team's philosophy fits your style/desire of play...

Legoland, for instance, is a team based around the builder philosophy. Great works beget great things, as we like to say (actually, we've never said that until I just said it now. Maybe we should start saying it more... )

Each of the teams can attest to their own philosophy, if asked.
                  I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I have applied to join VOX. thanks for the help.

Comment

you are in

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X