Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING! My email was stolen my Internet Hackers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING! My email was stolen my Internet Hackers.

Send no info or saves to my address at yahoo. This morning a bunch of jail bound hackers hacked into my ebay site and attempted to defraud thousands of dollars using my login.

I was able to halt all auctions and email the bidders but in retaliation the hackers broke into my Yahoo account (which is what I use to access Ebay) and changed all account info on it.

Ebay has security staff and promptly halted all auctions (yes they resubmitted the auctions) and transferred my account to another email of mine.

Yahoo, however does not consider internet security to be of any importance and neither I, Ebay, nor the FBI (Ebay was able to track all info on the Hackers and share that with the FBI) can contact anyone at Yahoo to regain my email.

SO don't send anything there as I cannot access it. Send all email of saves to GhengisFarb(at)msn(dot)com.

Yeouch.
    I hope I'm not prying or anything, but did you get into some sort of trouble? Please ignore this question if you don't feel like answering.
    Maybe I can offer some help.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
      Yeouch.
      I hope I'm not prying or anything, but did you get into some sort of trouble? Please ignore this question if you don't feel like answering.
      Maybe I can offer some help.
      What trouble? I discovered the crooks and brought in Ebay and the FBI within 6 hours.

Comment

Ok, I just thought that you might have gotten into a flame war with some "script kiddie" and he decided to revenge.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

you might wanna notify people that were in your address book, since hackers might try to do malicious acts agst ppl in ur addy book.
          :-p

Comment

Damn, you hear about this on the news and radio and etc, but hardly ever know someone that it happened to.

Actually, something similar (sorta) happened to my father this week. Some hackers hacked into a debit card database (one that he was a member of) with well over 100,000 members and proceeded to purchase tons of money's worth of items. Luckily my dad was able to cancel the card before his balance was off, but damn, too close for comfort....
            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Why would the FBI be interested in whether your E-mail is hacked?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

The same people also hacked into his ebay account and tried to scam people out of thousands of dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  Why would the FBI be interested in whether your E-mail is hacked?
                  $15,000 worth of internet auction scams falls under the FBI's jurisdiction.

In fact virtually all internet identity theft, fraud, and scams fall under the FBI I believe.

Comment

I don't believe you.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I don't believe you.
                      I really don't care.

Comment

fine.

Comment

well I hope you get that straightened out.

The important thing is they don't hack your Apolyton account

Comment

fine.
                            You see children, AH and Ming have these little episodes all the time, which is why they're both deities, and I'm not...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

You see children, AH and Ming have these little episodes all the time, which is why they're both deities, and I'm not...

Ah, but Tripula is quickly working his way to godhood.

Comment

Working...
                              X