AAR for Lux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip
    None of Lux's history was recorded, so this is really a moot issue.
    Just another fun thread... how many pages does everyone's forum have, just to see who's the most active, etc.

Lux right now has a total of 9 pages of threads. So who can beat that?
    I'll bet this isn't the first time Trip lied about his size.
    Last edited by realpolitic; March 7, 2003, 17:21.

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
      It is clear that Bigfree1 isn't understanding what we are after.

Please, Bigfree, goto the strat forum and look up any thread that starts with AU. Although I am not an active particpant in Apolytonian University games, I do read the thread. If you go and read (and actually listen to what they have to say) you will learn alot in a short amount of time.
      I do understand what the benefits could be for those Civ's still involved.

What I don't believe is that other team members won't neccessarily 'believe' what the team has to say about things. I believe that Lux's credibility (and thus the team members) will be questioned even more by the time things are said and done. I'm judging this on how people are reacting to the current threads about Lux's demise and early departure.

There is no benefit for Lux or it's members here, only something that can drag it's members down. I would rather burn the information in that forum than to share it with some of the 'vultures' I've been noticing within these threads I mentioned earlier. I've never been the one to believe that it is 'ok' to read a dead person's diary; people deserve privacy, if they so choose, even after they've left us.

Comment

Dead peoples diaries and letters have given us vast historical significance to the time periods that they were written in. But only outside of the immediate historical context...

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Perhaps when people are somewhat removed from the shock of the event and after things have progressed a little in our game history, the time will be right for someone from Lux to write an honest and forthcoming authobiography of the Lux Invicta story. I know that I would be excited to read it and I'm sure others would be. I think we could learn a lot and also be entertained by it.

I, for one, do not think that Lux Invicta played poorly or should be mocked. I see Lux as a Tragic hero in a Greek Theatre sense, one with a great rise to power and then a great fall due to an unfortunate tragic flaw that the audience is aware of, but the hero never truely understands until the end.

I think that most of us would be respectful of Lux's story if it was presented in an honest and sincere fashion. I also think that we would gain the most knowledge from an honest retelling of the story "from the inside" ... as much has already been speculated about them from the outside.

--Togas
          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Perhaps when people are somewhat removed from the shock of the event and after things have progressed a little in our game history, the time will be right for someone from Lux to write an honest and forthcoming authobiography of the Lux Invicta story. I know that I would be excited to read it and I'm sure others would be. I think we could learn a lot and also be entertained by it.

My feelings exactly - this would happen just like in real life, with many memoirs being written not just after the event, but years afterwards.
            Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
            King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
            ---------
            May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32

My feelings exactly - this would happen just like in real life, with many memoirs being written not just after the event, but years afterwards.
              Ah... but never forget that the purpose of most autobiographies is to offer one last jab at your past rivals in life before kicking the bucket
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

To be perfectly honest, even if I were to write a history, I don't think people would want to read Lux's point of view...

Comment

Actually trip, I think we would actually enjoy it, and the more bias the better. As Arnelos said this is lux's big chance to really sock it to their opponents. Whether we agree or disagree I'm sure it will be entertaining.
                  Aggie
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I must be honest when I say that the chances of anything materializing are next to nothing.

Comment

To be perfectly honest, even if I were to write a history, I don't think people would want to read Lux's point of view...
                      Why?

Everybody has it's own story and it may reveal some unknown details or point of views... In this case it is the (true? ) history of Lux-Land!!

But: The story should be published in about 1000 (game)years.

Comment

There are a thousand stories in the Naked (Lux) City....

E_T
                        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                        Worship the Comic here!
                        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

whatever you feel is best.

But perhaps you will feel differently in a few months after things have settled down.

Comment

Perhaps Lux doesn't want to dwell on their history. They may not be overly proud of it.

Comment

It's a good point that it might be best if an AAR gets delayed for a while, but still it would be very helpful, and fun to read. Indeed autobiographies are in many case a final kick to former opponents, but even that is not really needed. You might have noticed that there were very few comments gloating on Lux's departure, for the simple reason that most PTWDGers feel sorry for them. Trash talking is only fun as long as there is a possibility of retaliation, trash talking now would amount to kicking a dead body. Maybe ND still holds grudges to Luxians, but other teams? I doubt it.

BTW, one of the reasons for an AAR from Lux is that it would summarize all information, it would instantly be the best history thread available in this forum. My guess is that it would fastly become the most-read thread here, everybody is interested in reading how they perceived the game.

There was talk before of opening up the private forum of any team killed, but I don't really want that to happen, as it would somewhat be a violation of privacy. Having the team summarize their game does not have any negative connotations, but has all the advantages: it would teach quite a few things to everyone, including to the Luxians themselves.

Oh, and again, any AAR thread should be restricted to Luxians only, all other posts should be removed. Comments on the AAR can always happen in other threads, if someone doesn't agree, or wants more explanation on something.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
                                Maybe ND still holds grudges to Luxians, but other teams? I doubt it.

You really don't know what happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X