X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Righteous Civ

The OFFICIAL second team of the PTW game

who wants to join?

I hope to create a civ that will always be looking to do good for the world, no matter what good may be.

Hope to have a diverse group of members. Some warmongers for when we need to destroy the evil doers, and some builders for every other occasion.

Tentative civ choice is Rome, but willing to change at the whim of a majority.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Ninot,

I am VERY INTERESTED in playing with people like yourself as the Roman civ... however, I'm not terribly interested in playing as the self-righteous civ... methinks that's something of an invitation to get our asses kicked by the rightly annoyed rest-of-the-world pretty early
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
      Ninot,

I am VERY INTERESTED in playing with people like yourself as the Roman civ... however, I'm not terribly interested in playing as the self-righteous civ... methinks that's something of an invitation to get our asses kicked by the rightly annoyed rest-of-the-world pretty early
      Wait a tic.... i never said SELF righteous

i mean a actual, ethical, good-doing civ
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

It would take a Canadian to think that such a civilization could exist. I think such a civ would just get culturally absorbed a by nearby powerful, manifest-destiny obsessed, world-dominating, corporate-controlled while posing as a democracy neighbour.

Theoretically speaking, eh?
        I believe we just become a speck of dust.

Elvis Costello

Comment

It's too bad they didn't think of adding us to PTW. Our unit could have been the Mountie, which when stationed in a city reduces corruption Wouldn’t Trudeau have looked so interesting as a leader portrait? He could have said things like: [to a weaker civ] "You might be big in your palace, but outside of it you're just a nobody." [with a bad trading deal] "That is a mess that deserves a big fat no!" [when a threat doesn't work] "Oh no, what I mouthed at you was fuddle-duddle."

Comment

Yeah, but being good Americans, they would have used Duddly Do-Right as the leader head
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
            X