Teams that are Allies.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Is this the Balderdash PBEM thread..........
    no, it's just another case for the long lost Truth-O-Meterâ„¢
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Can RP members please stop telling GoW about our force composition?

Thank You
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• For the record, as the official Ambassador of the Crown for Spain, there will be no considering of peace offerings until such time as Spain is once again in full possession of all territories lost to Neu Demogyptica and the Glory of War. When we either have regained those territories through war or you have agreed to give them back to settle the war, we can talk. Until then, any and all offers of peace are merely wastes of time.

Thank You.

- Duque Fransico Clemente
        Chief Ambassador of the Crown of Spain
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Thanks, Aeson. Wow, those are some bugs.

Aidun, fight the good fight.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Aidun, it used to be much worse...

I, personally, find this thread an improvement over similar threads in the past. Still a lot to improve, but we are getting somewhere... the ratio of interesting info to useless flames (or whatever you'd call it) is way better this time.

And one last time re: the original question... it has never been forbidden to give one's save to another team. So, I guess, technically, it could be done without breaking any rules (as there are almost no rules in effect for this game). But most people would not like it (including even some GS and RP members), whatever their reason would be. IMHO, it is the most you can find out by this poll, BF.

The result cannot prevent you/RP/GS from doing that. It is not against the (non-existent) rules. But others will not like it. That's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aidun

Ghengis, I meant that to you as well.
              Then maybe you should read the thread because several members of GoW have stated a willingness to talk peace.

Yes we originally stated we wanted RP wiped out, but that was before GS switched sides. Factors change, attitudes alter, and battle plans have to be adjusted. Such is the way of war and life.

Heck, when I was 4 years old I thought all girls had cooties. That attitude has changed quite drastically over time...............
              Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 4, 2003, 09:33.

Comment

• Vondrack, I would not like to see GS and RP exchange saves, but I think it should be an option because it is possible in the real world too as I showed in the example of the US.

The thing is with most of these issues, for which I think there should be the freedom to use these possibilities, that diplomatically it is almost impossible: how are you going to explain another team that you don't intend to really unite teams and that such a move is but temporary. Every team that decides to have such a close alliance that the sovereignity of at least on of the teams is abolished has to be very sure of such a move, as there is no way back to the original independent position. RP does not want to loose its independent position.

In this game I am a Spaniard and I feel like a Spaniard. In our team there is a kind of nationalism due to the roleplay that makes you feel to belong to the RP team and makes you support the nation without a question. This means I can never be a real Egyptian, even when I would join GS, my ingame-heart will always remain in Pamplona.

I hope Spain will remain independent and we will closely work together with GS during this war and maybe long after it, I don't know, but not too closely.

Praise the King! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
                [All RP members bow for Togas and promise him their eternal loyalty]

Soldier Aidun Cian of the Royal Spanish Army
                "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

• But Roleplay and GS do not go back to back so even if you shared your passwords with each other, it would be impossible for the other team to spy on you without your knowledge as no one would be sending them the save. There are other team "cushions" between your teams.

Unless Lego, Vox, ND, or GoW was eliminated before you. And I don't think anyone sees that happening........

Comment

Unless Lego, Vox, ND, or GoW was eliminated before you. And I don't think anyone sees that happening........
                    Wait and see, Ghengis, wait and see.

Aidun
                    "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                    Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

GoW is willing to talk peace, Roleplay has stated "there will be no peace."

Give us back all our cities and then we can talk about peace...
                      "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                      "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

• That's not peace, that's surrender. I said I for one would be willing to talk peace, I never said we would surrender to a weaker foe.

Comment

That's not peace, that's surrender. I said I for one would be willing to talk peace, I never said we would surrender to a weaker foe.
                          Well then, I guess we both have our answers.

Comment

That's not peace, that's surrender. I said I for one would be willing to talk peace, I never said we would surrender to a weaker foe.
                            How about this for a peace deal,
                            we split bob evenly,
                            with RP getting back all their previously owned land and territory to the east of ND, for arguments sake lets say half of ND's current land, 50 - 50 is fairest.

GoW gets divided equally, you get to keep the western half and GS get the eastern half, and Leo's city, but other than that it's completely fair and down the middle.

The key phrase here is "split bob evenly" that is exactly what this would do.

Also GoW must make one of the cities on mini bob their new capital, and ND must make the other one their new capital.

And disband all millitary too. And give us all your workers.

Now thats what you call a fair deal.
                            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFree

Well then, I guess we both have our answers.
                              (In character)
                              I just want you to feel you are doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by OPD

How about this for a peace deal,
                                we split bob evenly,
                                with RP getting back all their previously owned land and territory to the east of ND, for arguments sake lets say half of ND's current land, 50 - 50 is fairest.

GoW gets divided equally, you get to keep the western half and GS get the eastern half, and Leo's city, but other than that it's completely fair and down the middle.

The key phrase here is "split bob evenly" that is exactly what this would do.

Also GoW must make one of the cities on mini bob their new capital, and ND must make the other one their new capital.

And disband all millitary too. And give us all your workers.

Now thats what you call a fair deal.

Almost sounds like the original land split from Roleplay way back when..

RP: We will have this half, and you other three can have the rest of the continent.
                                "No Comment"

Comment

Working...
                                X