No announcement yet.

Teams that are Allies.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quite hard to do and ideally you would need your capital and some more cities having build 1 turn units ( basically you get into the turn cycle and 'reuse' tiles with high production.
    - City A uses and shares a shielded grassland
    - City A builds warrior
    - enter build que
    - click in the city screen to next city
    - Let city B use the same tile that city A used to finish the warrior

Like I said, it takes a lot of work, but when done correctly it can yield a decent amount of shields ( especially if without this city B would only be producing 9 shields max and thus wasting a lot)
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
      Trip,

The biggest and most hurtful exploit so far, has been GS doing the unit warp.

Doing it, they were able ship far more units to RP's defense than should of been available to them.

Because of this, GoW & ND were severly hamstrung in their RP war. It is quite possible, that RP could of been 100% destroyed, but we are now bogged down in a long term war.

If you/we want to start inserting rules in this game now, then how do you propose ND & GoW be compensated for GS use of exploits ?

It is simply a bad joke that GS have not made any mention any exploits that they have used until now, when they all of a sudden they think that someone else got an unfair advantage against them.
      And how do you know the exact details of what happened and how that's affected the game?

Oh wait, right, you don't, you're just assuming.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        It's quite hard to do and ideally you would need your capital and some more cities having build 1 turn units ( basically you get into the turn cycle and 'reuse' tiles with high production.
        - City A uses and shares a shielded grassland
        - City A builds warrior
        - enter build que
        - click in the city screen to next city
        - Let city B use the same tile that city A used to finish the warrior

Like I said, it takes a lot of work, but when done correctly it can yield a decent amount of shields ( especially if without this city B would only be producing 9 shields max and thus wasting a lot)
        Jesus Alva, you are a diabolical bastard. And one that has a lot of time to play these things. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Sorry Alva .. What is the "that" you are talking about.

posted by Theseus

* Some of the PTWDG teams have already taken advantage of the technical opportunites of PTW MP... I hope my teammates won't kill me, but GS has done so, to a limited extent.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
            I was thinking of why the save thing is an even worse idea:

what is so fun about keeping on playing with this game if you are surrendering your chance to play to another team, no matter how good allies they are? Ultimately we're here to play, may we be winning or may we be losing. Giving the save to another team to me suggests an attitude of "we don't care anymore".

Regarless of the situation facing RP, I would think that most of their team members are anxious to keep on playing and fighting, which is why this poll surprises me even more.
            You really miss my point if this is what you think.

It' not that I want any team to play our save. It is simply to help coordinate matters of war in a matter that is streamlined.

I love getting the save and taking a look at it. It's because we have allies and are trying to act in 100% concert with GS in this war that this suggestion was made.

I again state that I have not heard any valid reasons to not allow another team have access to a teams save. Tell me, besides cheating factors, what could be shared in passing the save along to another team that can not be shared through the forums?

Comment

Jesus Alva, you are a diabolical bastard. And one that has a lot of time to play these things. Thanks for the info.

Just to make sure (don't know if this exploit was known, I sort of mentioned it once in the GS forum but never clarified it), I DON't use it and don't it should be used, not even in SP

Then again, I never short-rush in SP either ( come to think of it, I don't use it in PBEM either)

Comment

Hot Enamel-

are you referring to all RP gifting of cities to GS-ie Toledo etc or just the Inchon transfer?

And could you provide the GoW estimate of Units moved (by type and number)

I trust this is a serious complaint and not just a backhanded way of determining the garrison of Pamplona.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

And how do you know the exact details of what happened and how that's affected the game?

Oh wait, right, you don't, you're just assuming.
                  Actually, the credit goes to Master Zen who figured it out, and posted it in our forum.

If it's not true like you are suggesting, perhaps you or any GS member would like to clarify exactly how many extra units they were able to warp to their capital and get to RP territory in double quick time.

It's old new now, so I doubt releasing unit numbers would make any difference.
                  "No Comment"

Comment

Actually, the credit goes to Master Zen who figured it out, and posted it in our forum.

If it's not true like you are suggesting, perhaps you or any GS member would like to clarify exactly how many extra units they were able to warp to their capital and get to RP territory in double quick time.
                    Sometimes things you "figure out" can be either wrong or different from assumed.

Well, there's no rules regarding this sort of thing, so I guess it's up to them to disclose what happened...

Comment

HE,

If I read your question correctly (and it sounds like Trip is reading it the same way), 0 is the answer.

Comment

Again, are you referring to all giftings or just Inchon? Quite a difference, as I believe the toledo units could have moved to Pamplona easily in time to meet ND. Obviously units from Inchon could not.

Um, where do you think all those units have gone? RP has basically no land other than Pamplona, so unless you think they have a hidden garrison someplace, they're all in there. So why should we tell you that?

again, please be explicit and we can work with you.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          Hot Enamel-

are you referring to all RP gifting of cities to GS-ie Toledo etc or just the Inchon transfer?

And could you provide the GoW estimate of Units moved (by type and number)

I trust this is a serious complaint and not just a backhanded way of determining the garrison of Pamplona.

Just the Inchon transfer.
                          It is assumed that a large chunk of the GS army was north.
                          They just finsihed the war with Vox & the only point were anyone could invade GS territory is in the North.

Therefore, it is assumed that a large chumk of GS units got magically transported to their capital.
                          Then that large chunk of units was able to jump on some galleys and get over to RP pretty quickly.

I have no idea how many you guys got over there.

Perhaps you may want to let me know how many "extra" units you were able to ship over.
                          And how many units was magically transported to your capital.

Surely this is old news that can be revealed ?

_And I hold my breath, because it looks like I could have totally got the whole thing wrong_
                          "No Comment"

Comment

Just the Inchon transfer.
                            It is assumed that a large chunk of the GS army was north.
                            They just finsihed the war with Vox & the only point were anyone could invade GS territory is in the North.

Therefore, it is assumed that a large chumk of GS units got magically transported to their capital.
                            Then that large chunk of units was able to jump on some galleys and get over to RP pretty quickly.

I have no idea how many you guys got over there.

Perhaps you may want to let me know how many "extra" units you were able to ship over.
                            And how many units was magically transported to your capital.

Surely this is old news that can be revealed ?
                            Originally posted by Aeson
                            HE,

If I read your question correctly (and it sounds like Trip is reading it the same way), 0 is the answer.

Comment

Laugh with me guys ... not at me.
                              "No Comment"

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                                I again state that I have not heard any valid reasons to not allow another team have access to a teams save. Tell me, besides cheating factors, what could be shared in passing the save along to another team that can not be shared through the forums?
                                Then why would you share it in the first place? You're admitting there's nothing that can't be shared through the forums, and also through other means like screenshots.

A save is the essense of a civ. If you trade it it's like showing another country every possible aspect of your civ's being, everything from military units to seeing a guy taking a crap in Pamplona. That is not real. You don't "share" your country in real life, I see no need to do so in this game.
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X