LOTR avatar question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTR avatar question...

Why are our members all the bad guys? And GS + Spain good guys? Whats with the avatar anyway? Trip said it had to do wit whats happening on PTW right now...

Anyway Trip is the Eye.. hahaha I got that one.
    :-p

Roleplay decided to start representing themselves as the hopelessly outnumbered lands of Man from the LOTR series, you know after everyone abandons them and they get wiped out.

GoW decided to drive the point home by using the superior numbered and far better led avatars of Sauron the all powerful and his ingenius allies...........

Comment

Uhh....you do know how it turns out...right?

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
        Roleplay decided to start representing themselves as the hopelessly outnumbered lands of Man from the LOTR series, you know after everyone abandons them and they get wiped out.

GoW decided to drive the point home by using the superior numbered and far better led avatars of Sauron the all powerful and his ingenius allies...........
        You know, I kept wondering why I wasn't seeing any of the Hobbits or elves as avatars. I didn't even think that they might be using the avatars of only the men.

Comment

Re: LOTR avatar question...

Originally posted by Zero
          Why are our members all the bad guys? And GS + Spain good guys? Whats with the avatar anyway? Trip said it had to do wit whats happening on PTW right now...

Anyway Trip is the Eye.. hahaha I got that one.
          Because like Sauron, you don't know yet that you are going to loose, together with the evil men of Harad (ND).

Ghengis is right that you have superior troops, but none of your troops can resist against the strength of faith, hope, bravery, loyalty and justice.

I wonder, however, who of you is Sauron and who is Saruman.

Soldier Aidun Cian of the Royal Spanish Army
          "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
          Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
            As far as GoW is concerned Roleplay is nothing more than Rohan. And they all die...........

Why don't you rename Pamplona to Helm's Deep?

Comment

Damn! What is Lego then?

Comment

The LOTR avatars is a desperate public relations attempt by Roleplay to garner people's sympathy to their pathetic cause.

Frankly GoW doesn't mind being the "bad guys". We're just doing what everyone wanted to do in the first place but was afraid of doing

Oh, and Aggie is Sauron, Panzer32 is Sauroman. And since Trip is the "eye" that means he's on our side too
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I don't think they expected GoW to willingly accept and, indeed, revel in being cast in the role of 'evil'.

I must admit, the GoW forum is truly a sight to behold these days.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
                    Damn! What is Lego then?
                    The land beyond the sundering sea... where Elves go to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

So pretty soon we're going to have all the Legos with elf avatars. Vondrack can be Elrond. Who is going to be Arwen and Galadriel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill

So pretty soon we're going to have all the Legos with elf avatars. Vondrack can be Elrond. Who is going to be Arwen and Galadriel.
                        Karina and ZargonX's girlfriend
                        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
                          Yes we do, but then again we are using the "evil side" special edition. you this was the real version, but was too dark for the public so they made Tolkien change it. The part where sauron occupies moria and switches his palace there(to lower corruption in those stinking hobbit lands) is just amazing. Sad such great literature was altered for public consumption, much as they had King let the kid live in the shining(true), though in that case i'm glad they did make him change the ending.
                          Aggie
                          The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                            Crud, I was hoping to get the Lego (the Elves) on our side. Wait, they really didn't like those uppity man realms did they?

Comment

OMG. Trip wants his "Ring" back. (aka Lux)

Watch out ppl. Trip is planning something and using GoW as a tool!

:-p

Comment

Working...
                              X