Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Blueprint Special Edition!

The Daily Blueprint

President ZargonX Creates Political Upheaval!
    Final Act as President Shocks Nation

Legopolis, 195 AD: On a day when he was expected to announce to the nation his intent to run again for the office of president, ZargonX instead left his citizens momentarily stunned when he instead announced that as his final act of office, he would be abolishing the office of President and Vice-President.
    "It's time we became a democracy in the truest sense of the word," he stated to the crowds gathered outside the palace, "no more shall a figurehead be needed; all the people of Legoland shall have an equal voice!"
    Though the crowd was left speechless at first by the announcement, as the meaning sunk in, the people rejoiced.
    "I'm very excited by this new direction," said local citizen Miles Sawhorse, "it really makes me feel like I'm a part of a greater whole!"
    Not all were pleased with the decision. Current VP Vondrack was overheard commenting "What the hell? So if I kill him now, I won't be getting a promotion? I think I'm going to kill him anyway." He then excused himself to find some sword polish.
    His announcement complete, ZargonX continued his streak by eliminating two office staffing positions, a potted plant, and abolishing several doughnuts at lunch.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Heh... now how many of you saw that headline and thought this was going to be something that would lead to a brand-new flame-fest
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Re: Daily Blueprint Special Edition!

Originally posted by ZargonX
      Not all were pleased with the decision. Current VP Vondrack was overheard commenting "What the hell? So if I kill him now, I won't be getting a promotion? I think I'm going to kill him anyway." He then excused himself to find some sword polish.
      Hilarious, Zargon, hilarious!

Comment

Re: Daily Blueprint Special Edition!

Originally posted by ZargonX
        The Daily Blueprint

President ZargonX Creates Political Upheaval!
        Final Act as President Shocks Nation

.....when he instead announced that as his final act of office, he would be abolishing the office of President and Vice-President.
        "It's time we became a democracy in the truest sense of the word," he stated to the crowds gathered outside the palace, "no more shall a figurehead be needed; all the people of Legoland shall have an equal voice!"
        Which raises the obvious question - who is going to play the turn? All of Lego?

Btw - this sounds more like anarchy.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Re: Re: Daily Blueprint Special Edition!

Originally posted by Beta

Which raises the obvious question - who is going to play the turn?
          Obviously the unfortunate minister caught outside Anarchy, the latest and coolest party house in Legopolis, renown for its wine and hookers.

Until now the rule was that when the save arrived, someone called the President (or the VP, when the Pres. was drunk or busy with a hooke ...err... hooked-nosed diplomat) out to play the turn. Because of this no one wanted to be President or VP anymore.

It could be that Lego will play its turns slower from now on because of this. We have to establish a democratic rule first, to leave Anarchy for short time on a rotational basis (you rotate a person and if he doesn't fall down on the stairs, he is able to play the turn).
          Last edited by Tiberius; September 3, 2003, 14:11.
          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
          --George Bernard Shaw
          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
          --Woody Allen

Comment

Because of this no one wanted to be President or VP anymore.
            I'll be president

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I'll be president

ahem - I think by default the honour goes to a member of the closest civ - geographically. And that would be...

*Beta roots around in his closet looking for his al-Sahhaf outfit.

.... Vox Controli!
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ba, humbug. Let unortho play. He will destroy Lego's chances of winning just like he did with GoW

Those heathen dogs of GoW cower in fear. You can tell they are heathens as they burn down city after city in their retreat. Cowards.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Ah damn.... Do I hear the hounds of War again? Do I?
                  Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                  Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                  Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                    Ba, humbug. Let unortho play. He will destroy Lego's chances of winning just like he did with GoW

Those heathen dogs of GoW cower in fear. You can tell they are heathens as they burn down city after city in their retreat. Cowards.
                    Yes, we burn down SPANISH city after SPANISH city as we 'retreat' right across the SPANISH homeland.

If more spanish would only fight as bravely as those Red Zealots who met their fate in the mountains outside of the Alamo...
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                    X