Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unauthorized Transmissions II (Letter to Lego and Vox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized Transmissions II (Letter to Lego and Vox)

Hail and fair greetings to your worthy nations, and please to forgive the unorthodox nature of my communication with you.

I know full well that all formal communications must occur between “official channels” and certainly do not seek to deny the validity of that, however, there is such a thing as “keeping the back-channels open” and fostering trust and good will, and that is the spirit in which this letter is written.

First, to Vox, and the dauntless Lord Beta, of the New Voice, in Voxtavia.

A personal apology for your recent troubles.

The unfortunate war which we both participated in should never have happened, and it pained me to ply my skills, combining them with those of my fellow Stormians against brothers who once shared the same lands.

It was an awful, terrible war, and one which we were dearly unprepared for when we suddenly found ourselves neck-deep in it. Your courage and audacity are to be applauded, and the world is a better place that your light has not been extinguished. My hope is that despite our unfortunate past together, our two peoples can one day draw close again, as we once were in the centuries before our tragic conflict.

I realize full-well that this will not be a simple matter, nor will it be quickly accomplished, but it is a hope in my heart.

And to the proud folk of the resplendent Empire of Lego….what can I say but that I have been a long-time admirer of you and yours! The glittering Pyramids are surely a sight to behold, and it is my fond wish to one day get to see them as I visit your fair land. It was right, and honorable, and noble to extend your protective wing around the Voxians, and it pleased me greatly to see such kindness in the world. Obvious circumstances prevented such kindness from my fellow Stormians, but events of late have taken a turn which makes it possible to assume that noble mantle.

I refer to the ongoing war with Spain, of which my brothers and I are now a part. It is no secret that before the Stormians joined the unjust war against Spain, she was sadly outmatched by two savage and well-armed opponents, at least one of whom has called for Spain’s utter extermination.

This cannot be allowed to stand.

Just as Lego extended a protective arm around the Voxians, so too, do we now offer that same protection to Spain, in hopes of not only helping her throw off this heinous attack against her sovereignty, but also to prosecute the war in such a way that Spanish strength returns to a level greater than it was previous to the attack, so that Spain may never again fear her enemies, and stand on her own as a proud, free, independent nation as is her right.

We MUST do this, not only because honor demands it, but because Spain has done nothing to warrant her extinction.

No matter our past disagreements (and there have been some), she is a fine, proud nation….a people who deserve to BE….a people with a right to exist.

We go now, to help ensure that right, and I would ask the honorable men of Lego to consider your own just and proper position regarding the Voxians, and understand that our aims now bear some similarity to yours, regarding Vox and the New Voice.

The goal is not hegemonic domination, but preservation. Spain must live. Spain will live, and we will help ensure that with our blood. Our very lives.

It is perfectly understood if you feel that this fight is not yours. Having already assisted a nation in need, and having your own concerns to attend to, I am quite certain you and yours have a full plate already, but I would ask from your noble people, and the stout-hearted Voxians, tacit support of our massive undertaking, and our partnership with Spain. Stand with us in spirit, as brothers against those that would extinguish the light of a peer nation.

Yours respectfully,

-=Velociryx=-
    Wayward son of Stormia
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Re: Unauthorized Transmissions II (Letter to Lego and Vox)

Bah !! Pure GS propaganda garbage.

I would like to remind GS, that they were notified in advance of our war against RP. And that they were invited to an aliance against them.

We have plenty of communication between us that indicates the only reason GS did not join, is that we would not pay your price. GS wanted a part of Bob, which we refused.

GS are on Bob now not for the protection of RP, but simply that RP offered cities, land, and a base of operations on Bob.

This has already been well documented to Lego & Vox. I pray that they make any decision on their involvement (or lack of), based on truth, rather than this last minute claims of honourable intentions.

And, for the record, there have already been small preliminary peace talks with RP. Which they have rejected.

RP's claims of not wanting to be a vassal team are a joke, when they have already plainly sold themselves to GS. When the Rebels of RP finally achieve power and overthrow their ruthless king, then perhaps peace talks can restart. It seems their King would rather kill their own citizens than listen to any current proposals.

And to GS .. Be aware.. That there will never, ever, be peace between our nations. Not while you have any presence on Bob. We will fight to the last city and soldier, to ensure you can never be in a dominant position. Even if it means our final destruction.

If GS are truly here to protect RP, then I suggest they do the honourable thing and leave Bob. Peace can then be negotiated with RP, and a fairer distribution of lands can be agreed.
    One of the reasons for this war is the inequitable claim of land by RP. The longer they wait to negotiate for peace, the less land will become available to them.

Hot_Enamel
    King of the Hill
    Glorious Warmongeror

{edit} ..blah blah../roleplay mode on... personal opinion..and all those other disclaimers ...blah blah.
    Last edited by Hot_Enamel; August 23, 2003, 05:52.
    "No Comment"

Comment

It would be nice to be able to spin it that way, wouldn't it? Because it would solve a whole host of problems for you....problems you did not think you would ever be facing, and which you surely cannot be thrillled with.

I am sure that the surprising developments of this war have been troubling indeed for you.

No matter. As the unmistakable aggressor in this war, it is good that you find yourself scrambling now....or perhaps you would also like to attempt to paint this war as an act of Spanish aggression?

And yes, I am quite sure there have been preliminary talks of peace with Spain. Peace which no doubt gives land to her enemies, and further weakens her position, so that sometime down the road, when her allies are preoccupied and unaware, you can finish the job you started now.

And you truly wonder why they balk at this?

Astonishing.

I'll put the shoe on the other foot. If the enemies of Spain truly seek peace, then they will come to the peace table begging forgiveness for their brutal attack against Spain, and give them peace on our terms. Peace which ensures Spains long term safety and strength.

As to the "Vassal Team" comment, it is barely even worthy of a reply, but I will say this: As our war proceeds, the entire world will see the truth of my earlier words. Spain will be aided until she has grown strong again. Free. Independent. Spain will not be made a slave. Not by you or your allies, and certainly not by us. That fact will be plainly apparent for all to see as this war continues, and the folly of your words will be equally apparent.

There is no honor in leaving your continent....only the destruction of our ally. This, we will not stand for.

Yes, I truly hope Lego and Vox make their decision based on truth, and the truth is that Spain was attacked without cause, and her utter destruction was called for.

Fortunately, we were in time to prevent that crime, and if it is your wish to see this fight carried to the core of your own homeland to settle the matter....if your lust for Spanish lands is so strong that you will not be swayed by reason....then you shall have your fight.

You shall have it.

-=Vel=-

EDIT: And my but how quickly the enemies of Spain scramble to answer this missive not addressed to them. If one didn't know better, the speed of the response (issued even before those to whom the letter was written could reply), it almost smacks of....fear? But then, I observe that the guilty often react in that fashion. Tripping all over themselves to cast their actions in a better light.
      Last edited by Velociryx; August 23, 2003, 08:28.
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
        It would be nice to be able to spin it that way, wouldn't it? Because it would solve a whole host of problems for you....problems you did not think you would ever be facing, and which you surely cannot be thrillled with.

I am sure that the surprising developments of this war have been troubling indeed for you.
        Certainly I was not surprised. Did we not go to great lengths to arrange a NAP, and offer an alliance. Surely you dont believe it was because they great armies of GoW & ND could not destroy RP alone, and needed help? No... It was to try and keep GS out of a Bobian Cival war. We expected GS to stick their nose in, we just tried to make it more difficult for you.

No matter. As the unmistakable aggressor in this war, it is good that you find yourself scrambling now....or perhaps you would also like to attempt to paint this war as an act of Spanish aggression?
        There are many forms of aggression other than military. Many have noted that RP seemed an odd target for GoW, and a closer target would be more sensible.
        So yes..RP agression throughout the game has caused their downfall, while honesty and fair trading with ND, have made them a strong and respected ally.

And yes, I am quite sure there have been preliminary talks of peace with Spain. Peace which no doubt gives land to her enemies, and further weakens her position, so that sometime down the road, when her allies are preoccupied and unaware, you can finish the job you started now.

And you truly wonder why they balk at this?

Astonishing.
        True GS propaganda yet again. Do you fear losing your RP ally so much? That the RP Rebels will contact GoW & ND and bargain peace?

When will GS behave as a true ally should ? In your mad scramble to claim the cities gifted to you by RP, you allow our Riders march through your territory unchallenged. You refuse to attack and defend your ally as we ride directly to their undefended cities ?
        RP maybe blinded, but no-one else is. GS will look after their own interests, and do nothing while GoW & ND attack and destroy undefended RP cities at will.
        Be a true ally, and attack. Stop hiding behind your city walls. Your RP ally needs you.

I'll put the shoe on the other foot. If the enemies of Spain truly seek peace, then they will come to the peace table begging forgiveness for their brutal attack against Spain, and give them peace on our terms. Peace which ensures Spains long term safety and strength.
        Did you mock Vox the same way as you mock GoW & ND ?
        GS diplomacy at it's best..yet again.

As to the "Vassal Team" comment, it is barely even worthy of a reply, but I will say this: As our war proceeds, the entire world will see the truth of my earlier words. Spain will be aided until she has grown strong again. Free. Independent. Spain will not be made a slave. Not by you or your allies, and certainly not by us. That fact will be plainly apparent for all to see as this war continues, and the folly of your words will be equally apparent.
        They are already destroyed. How much gold does GS give them? They are alive only because their masters support them.

There is no honor in leaving your continent....only the destruction of our ally. This, we will not stand for.

Yes, I truly hope Lego and Vox make their decision based on truth, and the truth is that Spain was attacked without cause, and her utter destruction was called for.
        It is up to RP if they want total destruction. The Rebels and/or common sense from their king will be their only saviour.

Fortunately, we were in time to prevent that crime, and if it is your wish to see this fight carried to the core of your own homeland to settle the matter....if your lust for Spanish lands is so strong that you will not be swayed by reason....then you shall have your fight.

You shall have it.

-=Vel=-

EDIT: And my but how quickly the enemies of Spain scramble to answer this missive not addressed to them. If one didn't know better, the speed of the response (issued even before those to whom the letter was written could reply), it almost smacks of....fear? But then, I observe that the guilty often react in that fashion. Tripping all over themselves to cast their actions in a better light.
        Believe what you want. It will be resolved on the battlefield. If GS think they can win by entering in a never-ending war, then they have truely made the worst diplomatic blunder of the game.
        Return home. Tell your vassal to negotiate for peace. Their claim of half of Bob was never agreed to by any Bob nation. We just never had the chance to do anything about it until now.

Hot_Enamel
        King of the Hill and Glorious Warmongeror
        "No Comment"

Comment

Ah, we get to the heart of my personal beef with GS.

I simply cannot stand it when people go about and begin claiming such actions as noble, holy, or honorable. Here to save RP you may be, but only to serve your own purposes. Nothing more.

You came to Bob in order to gain a profit, whatever profit you saw gaining you alone know. Do not attempt to disguise it as anything else. Same with Lego, they protect Vox to gain a profit, nothing more.

Attempts to pervert your intentions into something noble or holy sicken me as much as Roleplay's Preists who claim to be holy and in search of peace and ways without sin, but are constantly seen with their hands extended. Seeking profit, nothing more.

I make no presumptions. We attacked RP in search of profit. We now attack GS in search of profit. Nothing more, nothing less.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I don't say much but I do remember a time when it was only the number of towns GS would get in the south of Borconia was what was interesting for GS.

Well they have some towns now.

Now.....
            Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
              So yes..RP agression throughout the game has caused their downfall...
              I'd love to hear more about this alleged non-military RP aggression. Specifically - how it is anything more than strong negotiation and diplomatic skills.

Seems to me that GoW was/is simply intimidated and overmatched by our diplomatic corps.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              Ah, we get to the heart of my personal beef with GS.

I simply cannot stand it when people go about and begin claiming such actions as noble, holy, or honorable. Here to save RP you may be, but only to serve your own purposes. Nothing more.

You came to Bob in order to gain a profit, whatever profit you saw gaining you alone know. Do not attempt to disguise it as anything else. Same with Lego, they protect Vox to gain a profit, nothing more.

Attempts to pervert your intentions into something noble or holy sicken me as much as Roleplay's Preists who claim to be holy and in search of peace and ways without sin, but are constantly seen with their hands extended. Seeking profit, nothing more.

I make no presumptions. We attacked RP in search of profit. We now attack GS in search of profit. Nothing more, nothing less.
              Your honestly is admirable, UnOrthOdOx.

But it is also true that every civilization that ever went to war did so under false pretenses, or at least glossed over the reasons. Positioning of this sort is typically expected, interpreted, and countered. Whether you're roleplayers or not, it is unwise to dismiss, rather than cultivate, public opinion.

I think the GS team should be applauded for their vastly improved Public Relations since their first war.

Comment

Ahhh....and the mad scramble continues! How I love watching the guilty squirm....

To reiterate that which you already know:

1) I hold no formal position inside GS power structures. I have no title, other than that of advisor.

2) These letters are unauthorized by the rest of the team. They reflect MY views on the war.

3) As such, you now have in your hands an outline of the perspective from which I will ply my trade in the service of Stormia, as an advisor.

4) I have never been one to hide behind deciet and lies, and have a long history of honesty that speaks for itself. These continued claims of "propaganda" ring hollow, for anyone who knows me and has had past dealings with me knows that I don't play such games. The words here are the truth, and the vantagepoint from which my advice will be given.

5) The truth of my words will be globally self-evident as this war continues to play out, and the whole world witness the re-strengthening of Spain, and the re-assertion of Spanish independence, and as that begins to happen, those who have claimed otherwise in a crude attempt to mask their own misdeeds, will wind up not only looking foolish, but also, revaling the totality of their guilt before the court of world opinion.

In short, we're in this war for the right reasons.

You say that you have documented evidence that we once held discussions with you about other possibile futures.

Good, although it is a bold thing to admit that you allowed us to know some semblence of your own plans before we committed to ours. A bold thing to admit indeed, and we thank you for the information those talks provided.

It is a wise team indeed that explores all avenues and all possibilities. I have documented proof that we have discussed any number of hypothetical situations, but fortunately, the world is not based on that which is hypothetical, but rooted in fact, and the facts in this matter are clear.

You and yours have called for the complete subjugation of Spain.

We will not stand by and allow that to happen to our ally. We will not abandon our friends to your mindless savagery, and I know that pains you, because you were expecting an easy war.

Picking on those who were weaker.

Bottom feeding.

We are happy to have thrown a wrench into those plans.

The sheer lunacy of the position of the enemies of Spain becomes all the more apparent when they actually have the audacity to claim this war is one of Spanish aggression. If this is the best "diplomacy" that our enemies can offer up, it is no small wonder they are so frantically replying to letters not addressed to them.

It must be terrifying indeed to have the light of truth shining so insistently down upon misdeeds, with the real possibility that the whole world will see this war for what it really is.

I will do my part, and every word I have spoken in my letters to the Noble men of Lego, the Stout-Hearted Voxians, and His Grace, the King of Spain will come to pass.

As to Spain's enemies, you are free to surrender at any time.

-=Vel=-

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                  ...Same with Lego, they protect Vox to gain a profit, nothing more.
                  You make a valid point UnOrthOdOx ... but you need to also realize that we of Vox Controli also accepted Lego's offer to also gain a profit. That profit being continued life in this game.

We are in debt to Lego's life-line to us. This is a fact and to be honest, the Lego-Vox situation is a profitable situation for both nations.
                  Last edited by Wittlich; August 23, 2003, 12:46.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

A well-spoken truth, Noble Voxian! And here's hoping that the day will come again when there is a spirit of friendship and coopration between our two Peoples as well!

-Respectfully,

-=Velociryx=-
                    Wayward son of Stormia

Comment

Oh and Vel, since Lord Beta is currently occupied with other matters of State, I would like to take this time to acknowlege your personal missive concerning the situation on Bob. I can not and will not comment on it one way or the other - other than to state that your missive has been received. Thank you for keeping the lines of communication open.

---------------

[cheeky comment]Now give me back Wittlich City! [/cheeky comment]
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

How I love watching the guilty squirm....

disclaimer this has nothing to do with the view or opinions of the glory of war it is only a smiley to get good conversation going in this thread when none has existed before it if the glory of war had an official smiley in this thread i think it would be either or but these again are not official they are only what a citizen thinks might be somewhat funny in this thread now for some punctuation and capitals ..... DHTJSDRF '';:
                        Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                        King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                        ---------
                        May God Bless.

Comment

I thank you, Lord Wittlich for the acknowledgement and look forward to the official reply from Lord Beta when he has the time. I realize that this (being a letter not sent through formal channels), does not rank highly in terms of priority, but it would do my heart good to get the chance to once again talk with an old friend.

I also look forward to Lego's response (as Spanish enemies have seen fit to attempt to take over the thread meant for Lego and Vox), but understand that they have many more pressing concerns than the likes of me, and trust that in time, I will hear from them, as there are many among their ranks whom I also regard as friends.

-With Respect,

-=Velociryx=-
                          Wayward son of Stormia

Comment

Originally posted by dejon

I'd love to hear more about this alleged non-military RP aggression. Specifically - how it is anything more than strong negotiation and diplomatic skills.

Seems to me that GoW was/is simply intimidated and overmatched by our diplomatic corps.
                            You call it strong negotation and diplomatic skills.
                            I call it aggressive diplomacy that has ensured your destruction.

RP felt it was in their best interests to have an aggressive diplomacy stance early in the game.
                            This war is a result of that aggressive policy.
                            "No Comment"

Comment

and THAT is one of the most outlandish spins I have ever seen!

If nothing else, your sheer audacity is to be applauded. That's....remarkable!

-=Vel=-

Comment

Working...
                              X