Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unauthorized Transmissions....(letter to His Grace, the King of Spain)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized Transmissions....(letter to His Grace, the King of Spain)

***several bursts of static and white noise***

(yes, that noise IS coming from the mouths of the carrier pigeons chickens themselves, since we have not yet invented the radio)

To the People of Spain, and their Worthy King:

I only recently heard about the troubles of your fair Kingdom, having been mired in the events of another troubled land....a small and insignificant Kingdom by Your Grace's standards, (a little land called "Candle'Bre"), but one which has required my constant attention.

Nonetheless, having heard of your plight, I made for home with all speed, and have been in regular contact with the Stormian governing council.

My position on the war you face is simple and straightforward. This is a war for Spanish survival, pure and simple....it is a war for your very right to exist as a free People, and I have committed myself fully to your cause, duly and humbly presenting myself, through my Stormian homeland, to your service until this crisis has passed, and your nation is once again strong.

The singular, burning goal in my mind as I make this pledge of self, is to see a strong Spain that need never again fear the wrath of her neighbors, who have seen fit to join forces at the height of their power to bring about your complete undoing.

If your enemies believe that the "height of their power" is sufficient to undo mighty Spain, I submit that they have sadly underestimated you and your allies, and our resolve in this matter.

If your enemies believe that your nation is on the verge of extinction, and if their words have you even partially convinced of this proclaimed "fact," then I urge you to take heart and pay their words no heed. We are with you. All of us.

Spain will not only survive, she will thrive, and come out of this war stronger than ever, so that her enemies will never again be able to threaten her.

For your brave and stoic defense of your homeland thus far, you have not only made a friend of the Stormians in general, you have made a friend of me personally, and I take up the cause of your victory in this war as my own.

I join your fight, if you will have me at your side.

-Respectfully submitted,

-=Velociryx=-
    Wayward son of Stormia
    Last edited by Velociryx; August 21, 2003, 22:34.
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Oh Boy ... I can't wait for the Truthometer to decipher this one

"No Comment"

Comment

Truth-O-Meter!!!

where's the damn thing when you most need it!
      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Glad to have you on our side Vel.... now lets go roast some GoW Swine
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I want to thank the great Nation from Stormia for their valued alliance in this unholly war started against Spain in a most unholly fashion. Perhaps all will be righted that was wronged; May the Godz have mercy on those responsible for the commited atrocities.

Comment

Thank you.

As for the official Spanish response to comments made in this thread by various members of various teams:

No Comment
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Whoever thinks this GS campaign's objective is to help RP has their socks on too tight! I smell the GS-RP propaganda machine grinding up
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

A resounding clarification for the folks who do not believe my words here:

* I have no formal position in the power structures of GS. I am not a diplomat....I am not a general....I hold no governmental power whatsoever. I am an advisor, and as such, have helped shape policy on both fronts (diplomatic and military) in indirect ways (you might remember a little war GS was involved in not long ago, in which the tide was rapidly turned....I cannot, and would not even pretend to take full credit for that turnaround--my part centered mostly around the military aspects, and it was our city planners who deserve the lion's share of the credit--but I will share in that credit, as I was actively involved in shaping the strategy that helped make it happen....just to give an example). The views in this letter are MY views, and in fact, the team was not even consulted before this letter was posted.

* As these are my personal beliefs, this is the mindset and viewpoint from which I will be advising in the days and weeks that follow, as this war unfolds, my input into our plans will reflect this primary goal, and the truth of my words will be borne out for the world to see. Thus, you can cry "propaganda" all you want, but when these words are revealed as truth, those who do will only make themselves appear foolish....

-=Vel=-
                Last edited by Velociryx; August 22, 2003, 10:50.
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Ok so GS is here to save Roleplay, eh? Then why don't you gift them some old Voxian city and get off Bob?
                  King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                  ---------
                  May God Bless.

Comment

I can answer that question in general terms without revealing anything of our future plans, and so, I shall.

The specific reason why we did not do thusly is simply because ND and GoW do not decide what becomes of Spanish lands (much as they would dearly love to). SPAIN decides that. Spain.

And we will ensure it.

-=Vel=-

Comment

Nice to hear from you Velociryx.

I am personally glad to hear that GS is so fully commited to this cause, I would have it no other way. Whatever your reasons, real or roleplayed, I wish you all the best, really, but make no mistake. While I personally went into this war committed to remove RP from the game, I would much prefer now to defeat GS and send them back to Estonia to lick their wounds. It will be an honor to face such a noble and esteemed team on the battlefield, now let's civ and may the best alliance win.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                        Estonia
                        What's Estonia?

Comment

Estonia is the Voxian name for the smallest continent that is currently under GS control.
                          I believe that every person may name geographical features in any way he pleases. Naming is an aspect of culture, and as we cannot enforce one culture upon another, we cannot enforce the global use of a certain name, nor do we want to.
                          So as long as UnOrthOdOx doesn't call Estonia/Stormia by names such as Stinkland or Putrid Isle, I don't mind how he calls it.
                          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Greetings, Master UnOrthOdOx!

Yes yes...it would seem the die is well and truly cast then, for we will not abandon our allies to the fate you and yours have in store for them.

That said, I return your noble and gentlemanly gesture of a wish for the best, tip my hat to you, and....we'll see you out there....

-=Vel=-
                            (Wayward son of Stormia)

Comment

I say we call it putridland. Then stinky isle as an adjective.

...or we could just go with Estormia.

Its like we call Bob "Bob" whereas ND calls it Borconia IIRC...
                              ---------
                              May God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X