No announcement yet.

Spanish Anarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Official Avatar for Emergency Situations...
    "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
    "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Originally posted by OliverFA
      This is the Official Avatar for Emergency Situations...
      What? No avatar? Way to go Roleplay! Turn off the avatars for everybody!

...grumble grumble..... Spam Heads..... grumble grumble........

Comment

Originally posted by OliverFA
        Our house will not ask neither accept any reward from that negotiation
        I can agree with that, considering the result of the *negociation* : all my lands confiscated, assignment in an infantry unit as private ...
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

As a Warmonger, I fully support Prince Ninot's bid for the throne. I daresay Prince Ninot is the only Royal that most Warmongers would recognize as the legitimate King of Spain.

Comment

Royalists defeat Rebellion, Rebel Lords given chance for redemption.

[Pamplona, 130 A.D.] Since our last report to faithful readers here, the House of Duke Dejon of Leon, General of the Spanish Royal Army, officially joined the Royalists. After General Dejon's announcement of support for the King, Duke Nuclearius Winterius III of Santiago joined the Royalists and Lord Astronicus reconsidered his further neutrality and sided with the Royalists. Meanwhile, Lord Davout joined with the Rebellion against the crown, along with one other House providing the Rebels support without giving away its identity.

The result of the Rebellion being that nine noble houses sided with the King and four sided against, it was only a matter of time before the standards of ritual combat set in the earliest days of Spanish history resulted in a defeat for the Rebels.

It should be noted, however, that the King was gracious in victory. While he took away the titles of Lords Cian, BigFree, and Davout to their lands and stripped them of their royally appointed offices, he decided that they should not be executed or otherwise further disgraced. Rather, they should be given an opportunity to redeem themselves and prove their worth in the defense of Spain from the infidels:

Originally posted by Togas
            Lords Aidun, BigFree, and Davout are hereby enlisted into the Spanish army. Each shall be given to a separate unmounted division of either pikes or infantry. THEY SHALL NOT BE GIVEN COMMAND, they shall each pick up the pike or mace and stand shoulder to shoulder with the peasantry who fight to defend Spain.

Should they perish in battle, their children shall be reinstated into the ranks of Nobles, so long as they do not take up the treasonous ways of their fathers.

Should they kill the enemy and survive combat to see Spain free again, they shall be allowed to return to their homes and families and shall be given a full pardon from their crimes against the crown.

Should they choose not to fight the enemy, then they shall surely be executed as cowards. Should they desert or, worse, go to the other side, they and their families shall be executed.
            As for other decisions of the King after the successful transition to Absolute Monarchy, the official claim to Madrid was gifted from the Royal House to House Clemente, its original administrators in ancient times. As for the leadership of Spain, King Justino Togas has granted the office of General of the Royal Spanish Army once again to Duke Dejon of Leon and has gifted the office of Chief Ambassador of the Crown to Duke Clemente of Madrid.

With the Rebellion over, stability has returned to Spain and the Lords of Spain are once again standing together in order to pursue the potential Reconquista that remains before them.
            Last edited by Arnelos; August 20, 2003, 07:11.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

You know, if these three "nobles" and their units do choose to switch sides I think we may be able to reinstate your former lands.................

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                You know, if these three "nobles" and their units do choose to switch sides I think we may be able to reinstate your former lands.................
                *Tomas de Torquemada is thinking : I dont want or need any help for my purpose. The only thing I am determined to accomplish is to be instrumental in the secession of Togas head from his body.*
                Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                  Royalists defeat Rebellion, Rebel Lords given chance for redemption.

Boo - Hiss - Boo

Roleplay hammers yet another nail into their own coffin.
                  "No Comment"

Comment

Appoint Ninot or die!
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT

*Tomas de Torquemada is thinking : I dont want or need any help for my purpose. The only thing I am determined to accomplish is to be instrumental in the secession of Togas head from his body.*
                      We would be willing to assist in that regard.............

Oh, and

NINOT! NINOT! NINOT!

(Some of our team actually though Roleplay was going to stay in a state of Anarchy to have a zero upkeep cost for all their units.)

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

(Some of our team actually though Roleplay was going to stay in a state of Anarchy to have a zero upkeep cost for all their units.)

Amongst the Spanish Republicans, they say that the King has invented a new regime : the Royalchy, that is Anarchy + Upkeep. :
                        Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT

Amongst the Spanish Republicans, they say that the King has invented a new regime : the Royalchy, that is Anarchy + Upkeep. :
                          My bad, I thought that government was called Royal Pain In the Arse.

Comment

Working...
                          X