Spanish Anarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Anarchy

King Togas dissolves the House of Lords! Rebellion by the Lords ensues!

[Pamplona, 110 A.D.] With much of Spanish territory now in the hands of the enemy and the Lords growing restless, King Togas has violated the Vigo Accord (signed creating the House of Lords) and dissolved the House of Lords, declaring the creation of an Absolute Monarchy instead. All the Lords of Spain will need to be attendant at Court in Pamplona and much of their previous responsibilities managing their now conquered fuedal territories will be taken by the crown and its servants, most centrally the collection of taxes and other duties directly to the royal treasury.

Lord BigFree of Bilbao, already livid over the decision by King Togas not to send out the Spanish Army earlier this year to liberate territory taken by the foul infadels and so-called "warmongers", decided this was the last straw and has organized a rebellion against King Togas! With the start of this rebellion against the crown, Pamplona has fallen into anarchy and the King no longer fully controls the city or the rest of what remains of Spanish territory. For his part, Lord BigFree of Bilbao has announced that it is the intention of the rebels to depose King Togas and replace his line with another as the royal family, a family to be decided upon by the House of Lords after King Togas has been deposed.

Almost immediately after the announcement of the rebellion by Lord BigFree of Bilbao, Duke Aidun Cian of Zaragosa, Lord Chamberlain of the dissolved House of Lords, declared that he was joining the rebellion with the intent of his family being named the future royal line of Spain once House Togas is deposed. He has called for the Lords of Spain to join him, the rightfully elected leader of the Lords, in the defense of their feudal rights and priveledges.

For the most part, however, the other Lords have mostly been flocking to the royal rather than the rebel banner. Lord Roly Fernandez, attendant at the Court of King Togas, has announced the loyalty of his House to the King, as has Lord Mitchell of Sevilla and Lord Francisco Clemente, Special Representative of the Crown to the Gathering Storm. Three other houses have joined the royal cause, but have not yet offered formal statements of their support for the King.

Meanwhile, Duke Astronicus of Barcelona (the only Spanish city still in Spanish hands other than Pamplona) has announced his intention to sit the conflict out and declare the fealty of Barcelona to the winner, should Barcelona still be in Spanish hands by the time this conflict is completed. House GodKing has apparently decided to join Duke Astronicus of Barcelona in this matter, choosing to sit the conflict out rather than join either side in this potential Civil War.

What shall become of the over 4,000-year reign of House Togas? If House Togas remains in power and implements its plan of moving toward Absolute Monarchy, what will happen to the rebels Lord BigFree and Duke Aidun Cian? What will happen to the feudal responsibilities, rights, and priveledges of the Lords? For that matter, how shall this decision by the King to dissolve the House of Lords and the rebellion by some of the Lords affect Spain's conduct of the war against the infidels?

The answers to these questions are unknown at this time, but many may be answered here in the coming future. Watch for additional reports from inside Pamplona to learn more!
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

What government are you changing to? Kindergarten?

Sheesh, you'd think with the creativity the Roleplay team has at its disposal you'd be able come up with at least a little propaganda to rival the stuff we threw at you when we declared war.

Come on, Spam Heads! Lets see some SPIN! My TruthOmeter is getting dusty..........
    Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 18, 2003, 22:01.

Comment

The Fernandez house believes that the called "rebels" are not truly rebels, and that this "revolution" is just the result of a bad choice after a hard day of fighting. We are sure that the "rebels" will realize soon of their error and change their minds.

It is well known that after the strange disaparition of Roberto Fernandez, our house doesn't have any interest or public charge that could arouse suspicion about our fairness, so The Fernandez house offers to act as a mediator and ask mercy from the king if they depose their weapons and rejoin the cause against the infidels. Our house will not ask neither accept any reward from that negotiation, because our only concern is the unity of Spain.

We also kindly ask the Astronicus, Godking, and all the other families who have not stated their position to side us and to work for the end of the anarchy as soon as posible, so we can continue our fight against the invasors.
      "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
      "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

After making arrangements for the King's safety, Jaguar Dejon is found by a scribe at a tavern, celebrating.

Scribe: "What are you celebrating, Commander?"

Dejon: "Why, the King, you fool! That 'republic' crap never sat well with me, and I'm glad to see the King abandon the foolishness, even if it might be a bit late."

Scribe: "What do you think about Lord BigFree and Lord Aidun actions?"

Dejon: "Just a bunch of whiney nobles, them. BigFree is a shrewd enough fellow, but his power comes from land, money, and the respect the other nobes give him. I think he lacks the respect of the common man, definitely the soldiers anyways. Good grief - fight those men on beasts from foot? That's a good recipe for slaughter. Aidun means well for Spain, but he's a bit power-mad - first religion (the former Pope), and now this. You know - it's never sat right with the Dejon family that Zaragoza was not returned to our family after our return to prominence."

Scribe: "So what happens if the rebellion gains a following?"

Dejon: "You're joking, right? The people love our King, as I do. If these fools get too uppity, all I have to do is let it be known that any common citizen who shows allegiance to their King over an out-of-favour noble will be rewarded - and their own house guards and servants will revolt. The only reason I haven't is because my Liege is merciful and has not allowed it."

Comment

Re: Spanish Anarchy

I think you should just surrender.

Comment

I am surprised that a Gathering Storm vassal state is allowed any input as to how they can run their civilization.

My guess is that the Great Lighthouse has been playing up again, and caused a huge blackout. Roleplay moved into anarchy because their Stormian masters could not send their orders through.

"No Comment"

Comment

So, can I get my crown now?
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

BTW, I think I might have to see LOTR again as I do not recall seeing Spock in it...

A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                  BTW, I think I might have to see LOTR again as I do not recall seeing Spock in it...

He was one of the Elves..........

Comment

"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
                      I am surprised that a Gathering Storm vassal state is allowed any input as to how they can run their civilization.
                      Well, we suggested that they switch to Anarchmocracy, but they wouldn't take our advice. They claim that they don't have a clue of what we're talking about... strange people, those RPers.
                      Maybe they should just switch to Necromancy and then raise all their dead units from the grave.
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Maybe they should just switch to Necromancy and then raise all their dead units from the grave.
                        /me shudders

Their army would outnumber the forces of all the other teams combined...........

Comment

- Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                            To the Vulcan High Command:

One of our agents has been identified by the enemy leader as Spock. This confirms our suspects that the Klingons are helping some of the nations of this world by giving them technology and weapons. I recommend to give some blasters to the other side in order to compensate this. I also recommend to change the identity of our agent in this world.

Spock? Who is Spock? It's the first time I hear that name!
                            "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                            "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Originally posted by OliverFA
                              Spock? Who is Spock? It's the first time I hear that name!
                              What the heck kind of cruddy avatar is this new one? I realize the Lord of the Rings movies cut a lot of corners with special effects, the CG Troll is pathetic garbage, but even they didn't have graphics that cruddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X