Why was Ghengis banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was Ghengis banned?

Can someone please explain to me why Ghengis was banned? If in fact he is.

And did he delete all his posts himself, or were they done by someone else?

And if by someone else - presumably the mod for this forum - can someone tell me who that is please.

Many thanks!
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

He has imposed a self ban and deleted his own posts.

The GoW hope he returns soon.
    "No Comment"

Comment

Ah - OK. Do we know why?
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

apparently we were ridiculing him
        Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
        King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
        ---------
        May God Bless.

Comment

Yep. Actually, this the second time (that I know of) that he's done this - I believe the last time was when he first left GoW. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Comment

What a cry baby. You'd think someone in the Armed Forces would be a little more mature and not quit games, re-join, quit again....

The guy sure likes to dish it out, but he can't take it.

Comment

A tad bit extremist as usual. What can I say...
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

There's a little bit of Ghengis in all of us. It'd be a shame if he never came back.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I am not currently banned. The first time I deleted my post was when Team Sunshine was trying to get me permanently banned from Apolyton and several members reported that my posts were offensive and not appropriate for Apolyton.

This is the second time I deleted my posts. This time it was because a petition was started about my posts for members to sign their agreement for them to stop. Once again the initiator of the previous attempt to get me banned tried to start another drive to get me banned. The deleting of my posts wasn't done from spite or my embarassment of my posts. My posts were deleted by me to protect the PC people who cannot survive in world that consists of anything other than pretty flowers and perfumed breezes.

Therefore, once again I am refraining from posting sarcastic comments and/or team related views in this forum so that everyone can coexist in harmony without my "offensively evil" posts.

The mods haven't done anything to me, if anything they have been extrememly supportive and constuctive in their communication with me, especially Ming.

Personally, I think of lot of the issues members have with the mods comes from their unwillingness to admit they made a mistake. When I screw up, I admit and do whatever is necessary to make things right. If that means I am banned from the PTW DemoGame II because one team demanded it, so be it. If it means I can no longer post in the PTWDG Main Forum because other team members are offended by me, so be it.
                  Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 1, 2003, 10:19.

Comment

You can't be serious, Ghengis. You're not talking about Shiber's thread, are you? Don't be so childish, that petition was not against you. I signed it, and surely I don't want you banned. I don't think your posts are "offensively evil" and I surely like your "mean" humour. Come to your senses, man.
                    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                    --George Bernard Shaw
                    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                    --Woody Allen

Comment

If it was only the petition, then no I wouldn't take it seriously, but there have been several messages and such behind the scenes (not on the forums) and some people view that petition more seriously than other.

I find it extremely irrating that there are people that have to attack others in a real life life and do all sorts of underhanded things to get them banned and kicked off of Apolyton and DemoGames just because they don't get along with them.

Especially ones, that request a person do something, then attack them on the public forums for doing exactly what they requested (two members of the PTW DemoGame come to mind).
                      Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 1, 2003, 08:51.

Comment

Ghengis has taken the "crazy guy" act to a whole new level.

He cannot possibly be serious.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                          Ghengis has taken the "crazy guy" act to a whole new level.

He cannot possibly be serious.

-Arrian
                          Can't we all get along?

From here on out I am going to Mr. Nice, poster child of the politically correct movement. This is so the opposite of my personality. If you can't beat them, join them.

I love everyone, I may not approve of slightly mean actions (afterall no one is completely mean) but the people themselves are wonderful!

Arrian may hate me on the outside, but his inner WarChicken views me as his friend.

Comment

deleted (it must be contagious )

dp
                            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

Ghengis, if you are going to be Mr. Nice, I will lobby to get you banned from Apolyton I don't want a nice Ghengis, I want the original GhengisFarb, not some copycat!
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X