To GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To GS

I would like to personally apologize to GS as a whole.

I come to the forum tonight after having been forced to sit through a 4 hour punishment of a meeting in which a whole company is being punished for the acts of a few individuals 5 years ago.

Coupled with several other personal things, I vented upon the 'other thread' at the slightest provocation and at GS's expense.

For the record, zeit, nye, and GS as a whole has been a pleasure to deal with. I can think of no other team that I would have rather dealt with on a regular basis. Even their typical 24 hours for a response seemed to fit with my busy schedule better than more chat-intensive teams. I genuinely feel that we had an understanding and a respect for each other that will go beyond this game. I am also glad to have met several of the strategy folks through negotiations with GS in fact.

It is a shame that things did not work out and that our paths are now going down seperate roads. I, however, am also in need of a much reduced commitment in this game, so perhaps it is for the best as I would have felt obligated to follow our relations closely if this were not so, even if I were not the official ambassador.

Hopefully my schedule will relieve enough soon that I can continue what I am best at and make more stories. Until then, you will likely not hear much from me again.

Good luck,
    UnOrthOdOx
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Good luck with the business stuff, UnO.

I wish you all the best and look forward to reading more of your tales.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Good luck, UnO. And keep in touch... I think the whole group agrees that you were and are an agreeable person to deal with. It's not because you have not met everybody in team that you were not read, you gained a great deal of respect on our side.

DeepO

Comment

Same here. We all have a lot of respect for you. You were always able to keep cool and professional, and though I haven't had the chance of attending any chats with you recently, I always enjoyed reading the logs.

Best of luck!
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

UnO...UnO... come back!

(western movie reference )

UnO, best of luck in dealing with whatever RL issues face you.

I have read the Manifestos thread, and want to say that among all of the difficulties there, I was by far most pained by your reactions. You have one of the best reputations around, as a 'poly community member, a player, a team member, a writer and yes, an ambassador. I always knew that when my team mates were communicating with GoW through you that, well, we were in good hands.

Along with my team, I sincerely apologize if at any point, whether through choice, thoughtlessness, or error, we have offended you.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

UnO - as usual - a class act.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Well, the best of luck and hope to see you back soon
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The business stuff was just an annoyance that delayed my job for a bit.

As most of you know, but likely don't remmeber, this is always a bad time of year for me, but it's all for a good reason.

Halloween approaches and it is time to get my spook alley ready for the kids. This takes more time than you would think, getting liscences, setting up the charity funds, preparing the location, ordering costumes, scheduling advertisement....

Allot of work ahead.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Good luck with your spook alley, UnO!
                  Post some pictures if you have any.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

there towards the bottom is my little hobby each fall...

I'll try to find my picks from last year, but at least I have a digital camera for this year, should be easier...
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Be strong UnO! I wish best of luck facing the challenges of RL, and hope you'll be back in poly-shape soon.

I don't think I can add much over other GS members words, just that it was a real pleasure working with you, and that I completely understand your reaction, it happens to me alot as well, and the regret afterwards can be painful, so I hope this helps.
                      Save the rainforests!
                      Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

luck to you, things usually work out in the end
                        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Theseus summed up my thoughts.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                          X