No announcement yet.

GoW, you guys are the best allies ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoW, you guys are the best allies ever!

To our esteemed allies in the great nation of the Glory of War, to whom we have been allied since the time of the Lux war. May our alliance last forever.

As you're probably already aware, Neu Demogyptica has publicly declared war on us and is attacking us. Since our MPP with you is still active, the people of Spain have been rejoicing at the arrival of your riders to the theatre of battle! We were starting to really worry about those Neu Demogyptican Ansar Warriors, but with our forces and your army of Riders combined, I'm sure we can make quick work of their invasion!

We are extremely thankful for this aid in our hour of need. How did it happen that we were so lucky to have allies so thoughtful? You sent your entire army across half the world to arrive just in time to defend us when we are attacked!

To celebrate the good fortune of our alliance, we're sending you some of our ivory for free! You guys deserve every bit of it!

With lots of love,

Spain
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Question, had ND declared war before you sunk their galley?
    Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
    King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
    ---------
    May God Bless.

Comment

Question, did we sink their galley? Why wasn't I told about this?!

Signed,
      Honorable Squid Baron of Madrid and Friend of all our Allied Chinese Friends who are here on the border of Spain only because they have an MPP with us...
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
        Question, had ND declared war before you sunk their galley?
        Consider that line in Togas' poem a prophecy of things to come. (It hasn't happened...yet.)

Comment

I thought GoW Declared war before ND did. There wasn't anything in our treaties that said GoW couldn't declare war on you if they wanted to.

Comment

Aha! That explains it!

I was wondering what that meant.

So, Panzer, we didn't attack ND... Now what?
            Empire growing,
            Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
              I thought GoW Declared war before ND did. There wasn't anything in our treaties that said GoW couldn't declare war on you if they wanted to.
              Indeed, when you declared war on us while the MPP was still active, I suppose that might have technically terminated the MPP or at least you meant that the termination of the MPP was implied when you declared war.

I guess this means we're no longer friends and allies
              Last edited by Arnelos; July 16, 2003, 21:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
                Indeed, when you declared war on us while the MPP was still active, I suppose that might have technically terminated the MPP or at least you meant that the termination of the MPP was implied when you declared war.

I'm glad we cleared that little issue up, aren't you?
                EDIT: note that the last line in the quote is Arnie's fourth attempt at the closing line, it has since changed again to protect the innocent.

Yes, yes, very nice. And it warms my heart that you consider us your best allies ever.

Comment

All hail our great allies the Chinese! Three cheers to their honesty!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

(Oh, wait, what?)
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

My response to this thread ... bah! Rookies!

But much more importantly - Vox has the best Icon!

(according to GF. He should know - he created it. )
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Three cheers for Captain Panzer! Three cheers for Captain Panzer! Three cheers for Captain Panzer!

Harpo! What the heck are you doing?
                      Empire growing,
                      Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                        My response to this thread ... bah! Rookies!
                        Now that's not very polite.

Besides, the two sides in this little fest are just getting warmed up. I have a funny feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg here. Afterall, I plan to bring out the old SPDG Presidential election cannons and I have no doubt that my adversaries will do similar.

Of course, we're right and they're wrong, which makes things easier, but I'd rather not let it breed complacency

Comment

I assumed this post to mean to say you sunk an ND boat

If you haven't sunk a boat (and you say you didn't declare war), what gives?
                          King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                          ---------
                          May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
                            I assumed this post to mean to say you sunk an ND boat
                            Does this mean you'll take it all back and help defend against Neu Demogyptica as promised?

Comment

Did you sink the boat!?

Maybe if you tell me truthfully, I can give you an answer.
                              ---------
                              May God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                              X