New member anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member anyone?

I've been told(by bigfree) that it's still possible to join PTWDG 1. Is someone interested in having me in their team?

What's happening here anyway, who are you and what is your goal/politics etc?
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

What's happening here anyway, who are you and what is your goal/politics etc?
    That's not exactly a simple question.

Here is MY version of each of the teams:

Legoland: the builders. Have their own continent (which they just recently decided to share with another team, more on that later). Home of the Pyramids. Carthage.

Glory of War: the name speaks for itself, though they haven't done much fighting yet. Then again, they just recently got Riders. GoW resides on a huge continent known by its inhabitants as "Bob." China.

Neu Demogyptica: the only non-Apolyton team in the game. They are from a German civ site. Dunno if they have a particular theme. They are the middle civ on Bob. Arabs.

Roleplay: again, the name says it all. They're playing up the whole Spanish thing, with the Inquisition and choice of Monarchy for government. They own the southern portion of Bob. Spain.

Vox Controli: my team's former northern neighors, they have worked out an exodus to "Legos Minor" after a minor disagreement with us. Legoland was kind enought to provide them with their new home. Persia.

Gathering Storm: my team. The closest thing we have to a "theme" is our code of honor, which we take pretty seriously. Early on we decided we would not break treaties, lie to get our way, and other things like that. We have just recently concluded our scuffle with Vox, and now control our small island continent, to the east of Bob. We have the Colossus, Great Lighthouse, and Sun Tzu. Egypt.

There was another team, Lux Invicta, that once lived on Bob, but was destroyed (oddly enough, on our continent by Vox) very early on. Their former leader, Trip, is now PTWDemogame historian, and has access to everyone's forums for that purpose. Beware the all-seeing eye!

Vox & GS have used their Golden Ages already. No one else has.

That's about all.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I don't think RP are a Monarchy any more, btw.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Yep, RP recently went Republic.

Glory of War: the name speaks for itself, though they haven't done much fighting yet. Then again, they just recently got Riders. GoW resides on a huge continent known by its inhabitants as "Bob." China.
        Name a war we have not fought in. We are mercenaries who can be bought.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Depends on your definition of "fought" UnO.

I didn't know about RP's government change... somehow I managed to miss that. Interesting.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Wow, interesting stuff. There's a lot of things happening here that wouldn't happen in SP

So, which teams are open? I guess lux invicta and Neu Demogyptica are out of the question as lux invicta are even less active than PTWDG II and my german isn't good enough to participate in a meaningful way in Neu Demogyptica.

Comment

I admit it was difficult to 'fight' Lux as they disbanded all before us.

We HAVE been in each war to date, though.

Each team has their own qualifying terms.

GS and GoW you would apply and the members vote on whether to allow you in. RP, Vox, and Lego seem far more open to allowing people in upon applying. In any case, it is best to PM one of the members when you apply to be on a team. Preferably a leader...

notyoueither for Gathering Storm
              Panzer32 for Glory of War
              Togas for Roleplay
              Jon Miller for Vox
              vondrack for Lego
              and Darekill if you want to try your hand at German.
              Oh, and Trip if you REALLY want to join Lux Invicta
              Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; July 15, 2003, 09:43.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Hm, several of the teams has qualities I like, I will give it some serious thought(and maybe a nights sleep ) before I apply.

Thanks.

Comment

*g* Bongo you don't need to write in german to contact me. But you should at least read german fluently if you want to join ND.
                  We are always looking for some people that can read and write the funny language the teams are using here and which they call english
                  Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

It could give me an opportunity(and incentive) to freshen up my german....I'm not too bad, I just need practice, lots of practice.

Can you give me a link to you site? Just so I can take a peek and see if I understand anything.

Comment

Here's the one they gave us in the old SPDG:

looks like things may have moved, though.

Ah, my pathetic german found a civ3 forum...http://civ2-forum.gamigo.de/

I remember I tried to register there back in the SPDG days, but couldn't for some reason...the E-mail came back to me as pure nonsense, not even german.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I got a german 404 but understodd most of it

Comment

Yeah, so did I.

I found the real place, now. Editted in.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

This is a link that should leed you to your destination safely.

Hier ein Link der dich direkt zum Ziel führen sollte.

internationale Demogames
                            Member of the Apolyton C3C DG-Team

Comment

That's a private forum is it not? Won't let me in at any rate...
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X