Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UnO public announcement to GoW members current and former.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnO public announcement to GoW members current and former.

We just couldn't leave well enough alone could we?

Now that this cannot continue in the private forum any longer, I suppose you want to drag it out here. Fine. Now that I am seriously pissed off beyond belief I could care less anymore.

I had hoped that there would be an understanding reached and that I would not need to get involved much. I had hoped my little warning would have at least raised your respective eyebrows and made you stop to think. Well fine, the kiddie gloves are off now.

GF,

You know, I have been waiting for this to happen since you first took over the team. It was only a matter of time, really. I have seen your act before in the SPDG. "I didn't get my way so I'm taking my ball and going home." Frankly it's getting a bit old.

Go ahead and say this is like the pot calling the kettle black. This has forced me to face up to my own flaw and I have saught out Beta to rectify it. I sincerely hope you do the same.

Yes, Panzer said some things that were with out a doubt out of line. Period. Step back and look at it, you said some things just as ludicrous. The very fact that the election ended in a tie should show you that the entire team does not feel as Panzer said.

Now grow up, come back, and join back into the team. You have much you can contribute and it would be a shame to leave when there is so much game left to play. You are still the CoW if you choose to return. Frankly, I would find that a more appealing position than Emperor myself...

Panzer,

While I can understand your frustration with some of the things that GF has claimed this in no way excuses you from making it into a personal attack. There were far more friendly ways to get that point across than the one in which you decided to make it. I also do not apreciate it if it were meant to imply that this was the feeling of the entire team. I have not seen the full copy of that particular chat yet. Frankly it would likely make me puke to read the whole thing.

Now, grow up apologize and let's get back to work on the fun part.

To the Public,

This is indeed a shamefull day for GoW. It is a shamefull day whenever a family needs to take it's problems out into the public. And, yes, we are a family. We just seem to have seperated for a bit.

Rest assured that if nothing else comes out of this I assure you that there are members of the team that are dedicated to seeing things press forward in game and this should not effect our ability to play games or conduct foreign relations.

- UnOrthOdOx
    One seriously pissed off GoW member.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Re: UnO public announcement to GoW members current and former.

Deleted.
    Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; June 22, 2003, 09:49.

Comment

Well, if you don't return there is a decent chance Ill be forced to take over the CoW position.

Then we would have a Mad CoW...
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Moooooooooooooo
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

The cow turned upside down...
            Empire growing,
            Pleasures flowing,
            Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Thanks, Unortho.
              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
              ---------
              May God Bless.

Comment

Time for me drop my own comments on this,

First of all I am going to quote something I posted in our private forum, world take heed! this is perhaps the only time your moral eyes shall set a glance on any of our glorious warmongerian posts!

I was in the chat though not participating since I was busy but read it after the damage was done.

I just want to say that I am ashamed to be on this team when this kind of bull**** happens. Yes, it is bull**** because I find it frankly unacceptable that people take things, especially criticism, so personal and take childlike responses to them.

I am not calling for a no-con vote on anyone, I am calling for a GROW THE **** UP vote instead, take the heat, live with it, criticize, and expect to be criticized too. That goes for both.

I am deeply sorry to see that GF has asked to leave, or that Panzer is willing to call a no-con on himself. You two have done good jobs so far and for this to happen over something so pathetically silly is just pure utter nonsense.

Both of you do what you want. I stand and die with this team no matter what happens.

-MZ

Anyway, I stand by those words. Frankly I take GF's attitude to be extremely childish and ridiculous, and worse of all extremist, as if Panzer's words were somehow an expression of the entire team which they weren't. I expect everyone to criticize everyone but also to be man enough to accept criticism of their own actions, as no one is ever perfect, and especially considering a game like Civ3 in which everyone has different styles of play, and everyone has a different idea on what is optimal strategy.

As for Panzer's remarks, I don't want to take sides in this debate as I repect and consider myself friends of both of you, but frankly he also crossed the line in what had started as simply a "builder's debate" as I'm sure every team has had. He has apologized to GF and the team, and I'm sure he will think twice about saying things like that again.

So, In conclusion, I won't plead for anyone to return or for any more apologies to be made. It hink we are grown up mature human beings who are smart enough to know when they've blown it, and smart enough to take the appropriate response.

-MZ
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

GF,

Unless you are talking of something said in private, I can assure you that both MZ and myself are simply speaking straight from our hearts here. No agenda's. We will be scrambling to replace you as CoW now, I suppose.

I'll do some spinning of it when I get around to writting about it in my story, though, I assure you.

Yes, you will have more time now, I suppose.

Hope to see you one evening for a game of RoN. We are all just kinda adding ACS_ to the beginning of our names to hook up in the waiting rooms. Ill keep an eye out.
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      Dang, you realize that Civ3 is almost 3 years old?
                      Is it? My god ... where has my life gone?
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Shouldn't that be almost 2 years old? please...
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

3 years?

No way.

No effin way.

I thought it was more like a year and a half, going on 2 years. (Fall of '01).

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Deleted.
                            Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; June 22, 2003, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                              GF,

Unless you are talking of something said in private, I can assure you that both MZ and myself are simply speaking straight from our hearts here. No agenda's. We will be scrambling to replace you as CoW now, I suppose.
                              The is no agenda behind this I can assure you, nor has there been any private talks between us at least...
                              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                              X