Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcing S.P.I.N. The FIRST inter-team organization.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing S.P.I.N. The FIRST inter-team organization.

I think it's about time for someone to organize the teams.

I announce the formation of S.P.I.N.
    Satiring
    Private and
    International
    News

The objective of S.P.I.N. is to provide each of the teams with a place to publicly announce news in a fun and even nonsensical way. If there were serious news, it should be posted within the SPIN thread(s) in a fun and lighthearted way.

The news being posted could be anything from the latest sightings of everyones favorite chaber pot cleaner to the most serious matters of state as long as it is done in a lighthearted manner.

A second objective of SPIN is to provide these stories and news items to the gOdZ as newZupdates so that the public may learn of the fun of the PTWDG, and not simply the cold facts (though even those have been few and far between for the public).

What do you say? Shall I continue and make this reality? Who will help me?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Great idea! I will contribute.

(Can I be the editor of the column on world politics?)
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I don't think Ill make it as formal as a paper. (that's too much for me these days) more of a thread each week or so for the latest news from each team (that they would need to post themselves)
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Understood. But can I still have editorial powers over all posts on world politics. j/k

UnO - We will need some sort of loose guidelines as to what is 'acceptable' in the thread, and to keep the flames to a minimum. But again - great idea.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'll get to all that if there is interest.

You should know I don't post something of this nature without a PLAN
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Hey, the famous headless chamber pot cleaner is still floating around the astrial plane visiting many of the lands and talking to many of the people of various worlds. Currently, he is interested in a place with a group of people called the Vikings, and is trying to get more people to visit.

If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

As Editor/Publisher of the Glory of News, can we possibly join SPIN and contribute articles from our staff?

Comment

S.P.I.N.??

SPIN??

SSSSPPPPIIIINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An interesting acronym, given recent events, neh?

And what is this 'PLAN'??!!

What further deviltry is this?
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

You go, Theseus.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hey! I'm all for it!
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,
                    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                      S.P.I.N.??

SPIN??

SSSSPPPPIIIINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't imagine what you are referring to.

Comment

Great! I would like to volunteer for making one-sided , honorless propaganda posters, If needed be.
                        Nuclear Winter
                        Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                        Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                        Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                          I know nothing of what you speak

And what is this 'PLAN'??!!

Plan?

Oh, yes, there was a plan here somewhere...now where did I put that?

The general idea:

One thread will be created each week, perhaps with each round of turns.

In this thread only those participatine in S.P.I.N. should post. no comments, etc.

In this thread participating posters should NOT debunk, ridicule, or otherwise comment on previous posts.

Only posts that indicate news as the poster/poster's team view/(or how their team wishes the public to view their team ) should be posted.

As stated earlier, there is only fun posts here. No ridiculing of other teams/peoples will be tolerated.

Violators of any of these rules will be required to insert into their sig the following phrase until a new S.P.I.N. thread is created: "I am a stupid idiot who can not even understand the simplest rules of good fun and polite conversation."

Actual phrase and insertion of such are entirely voluntary. S.P.I.N. is not responsible for anyone who is stupid enough to take the above 'enforcement' seriously
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Winter
                            Great! I would like to volunteer for making one-sided , honorless propaganda posters, If needed be.
                            Nuclear Winter
                            That's the spirit!!!
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Soo... how will this go on?
                              Who will do what, when, where , and why?
                              Is this project still on work? Is there still someone there to organize this?
                              C´mon, someone has to kick this very great idea forward!(or threaten it with a knife to force it to go forward. Or even hijack it´s brother to convinve it to move forward. Maybe putting some nice ladies there to convinve it to move froward by itself)
                              Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                              Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                              Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Working...
                              X