Vox Public Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beta
    From an economic perspective - it was like we poked a sleeping bear.

From a military perspective - it was like we poked a sleeping, angry, and clever bear.
    Almost right.

You poked a sleeping, angry, and clever CHICKEN!!

Good self-analysis. And yes, I agree, you could've used a bit more Rumsfeld Doctrine. You definitely got the "shock and awe" part right , but it has to be matched by speed of maneuver and unrelenting pressure.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Sir Ralph is to the point, and on the money, as usual. You see, we made our own mistakes. Had some terrible luck with disease too.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That should be enough info me thinks, this game isn't over yet
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

upon analysis, our initial invasion force would have had to been at least twice the size for us to succeed. The main reason for this is our production could not match our enemy's.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
            You see, we made our own mistakes. Had some terrible luck with disease too.
            I'd almost forgotten about that. Losing 4 pop points in our capital in the early stages of the game was a real kick in the pants.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

We lost at least five pop points, not to mention the indirect losses due to having our growth rate disrupted.

Comment

You're right SR... I was talking about the spears we could have built... certainly not about those we had

OTOH, if we would have used our barrack city to produce troops, would this war ever had happened? We would not have shown as the weakest military.

But it's one of those mistakes we made... veteran wonders are nice, but other then that, barracks don't do much good in cities put aside to build a wonder. Without the barracks, we would have won the race for the pyramids... but never mind that, we used the replacement well.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                X