The New Counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counter looks great guys!

Shiber - it says the last turn counted was 310bc - but we only took 6:30 to play that turn. Did you mean 330bc?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

You are right. I forgot to update the data file (btw, thanks again Siro!). I'm updating it now...
      Thanks for keeping watch!
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

if anyone wants hacking instructions, i'm willing to supply for a fair price

Comment

I think Sirotnikov and Shiber are DLs
          Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
          King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
          ---------
          May God Bless.

Comment

How much do I have to pay you so you won't tell Ming?
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

270 BC: Beta of Vox Controli just broke GoW's record for fastest turn played, at 25 minutes! The previous record was 47 minutes.
              Way to go!
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

The counter is working great! the game is quick again now! - only Gs could be a bit quicker
                Consul of the Republic of Neu Demogyptica
                See our official announcements HERE!

Comment

- Phantom of the Opera

Comment

is the 24 hour rule still accepted? Maybe you can give every team a little "bomb"-symbol for every time they need more than 24 hours for a turn

Comment

Teams that violate the 24 hours rule get a penalty of another 24 hours in the accumulating count.
                      A symbol for every violation sounds kind of harsh, since it stays on for 20 turns, and the penalty sounds enough. But I could certainly add 'Team that broke the 24 hours rule the most times during the last 20 turns: ' to the random fact bit.
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Honestly, I believe that a symbol for every violation would be better than the penalty is - with the penalty being added into the sum of all true playing times, you do not really know if that team broke the 24h rule once or twice (during some sort of a crisis), or if it's constantly slow playing their terms.

I would (personally) prefer adding no penalty times for breaking the 24h mark, but would display "black marks" for every such violation of the "rules" we agreed upon. That way, IMHO, the accumulated time would have more information value.

Comment

You make a good point.
                          I could add another row to the table displaying the number of violations during the last 20 turns with angry marks. Do I have to start a poll on this, or does everybody agree?
                          Also, I really need some webspace guys. I can't use www.securitywriters.org anymore, I used to own it (it's a site about computer security, networks and legit hacking; it used to get thousands of unique visitors a day, but I'm not sure how it's doing nowadays) but I no longer do. In fact, the current owners probably haven't noticed that their precious space and bandwidth are being stolen.
                          Borc, you used to run the counter and you're still running the embassy site on ND's server. Any chance you could loan me some space too?
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I vote for the black mark - or bomb icon - as well. I think it is better than adding the 24hr extra 'penalty' time. As there really is no consequence of using the most time, or exceeding the 24hr turn rule, the real value of the clock is in its display of the time which has been used, AND the number of times the 24hr has been broken. Just adding extra time will not indicate that.

So - I am with borc and vondrack on this one.

And again - thank you Shiber!
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

i really think about starting a poll in Neu Deomogyptica to discuss if we should at least organize a trade and tech embargo against the "slowest team" ...

Comment

Originally posted by Borc
                                i really think about starting a poll in Neu Deomogyptica to discuss if we should at least organize a trade and tech embargo against the "slowest team" ...
                                I'm sure the other teams will remember that once ND is involved in a war.

Comment

Working...
                                X