BetaHound, you're needed to deal with another bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BetaHound, you're needed to deal with another bug

BetaHound, in case you aren't reading the turn threads, there's been another malfunction with the save. You (or someone else from Vox) will need to replay Vox's turn and renegotiate your peace treaty with Neu Demogyptica. (Hopefully, that will fix the problem.)

It's been 38.5 hours since Beta sent the save where he forgot to renegotiate peace with ND.
    Is he the only member of Vox who can reproduce the last turn? Hopefully not - there must be someone in Vox who has an idea of what happened

I know you guys are a small team... but this is getting absurd. Holding the game for good reasons (when discussion is required) is one thing, even if it takes a full 24 hours. But this state, where the game has been stopped due to a human error (which is completely understandable), but continues to be delayed simply because of inefficiency (which is unjustified and inexcusable IMHO) is, frankly, driving me nuts.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

he probably sent it just before he went on to do RL stuff, expecting a full round of turn to take awhile.

So give him some time. He checks poly quite regulary, so if hes not busy he'll get the message.

Try PMing Dissident.
      :-p

Comment

I did send him a PM.

I'm not criticising Beta, nor do I expect him to give the game priority over RL; I'm criticising the rest of Vox Controli for not doing something about this situation. In fact, I haven't even heard a comment about from a member of Vox yet, let alone seen any actions.
        Unless BetaHound acted on his own and did not post information about what he did, or the team did not have any discussion on last turn's actions and noone in Vox but BetaHound has any idea what Vox did last turn (which I find is highly unlikely, not to mention ridiculous), I expect to see some member of Vox stepping up and saying: "It's been almost two full days now, and I don't want to keep the rest of you waiting another 24 hours. Send the save to me, I will dig through the Vox forum to see what went on last turn, maybe improvise a bit on my behalf but it's not a big deal, recreate Beta's turn, send an accepted peace renegotiation to ND and pass the turn to Lego".
        Yet noone has stepped up and taken responsibility.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I'm just back now. I'll replay.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

The only problem is that there is nothing to re-negotiate. We do not have an embassy - so Agreements do not show up. We are not at war - so peace treaty is not an option.

Any ideas?
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Yes. Hit the active deals option in the negotiation screen with ND. It should show peace. Click on that (or double click) that brings peace 'up' onto the table. Clear the table if you want to start a war, or click accept and send if you want to renew.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                It's been 38.5 hours since Beta sent the save where he forgot to renegotiate peace with ND.
                Is he the only member of Vox who can reproduce the last turn? Hopefully not - there must be someone in Vox who has an idea of what happened

I know you guys are a small team... but this is getting absurd. Holding the game for good reasons (when discussion is required) is one thing, even if it takes a full 24 hours. But this state, where the game has been stopped due to a human error (which is completely understandable), but continues to be delayed simply because of inefficiency (which is unjustified and inexcusable IMHO) is, frankly, driving me nuts.
                I did check the threads last night - sorry I missed this. It was a tough week and I was tired.

As for our team - a number have just finished school years, and Harry is away at a dog show, etc, etc.

As for human error - well - it wasn't clear to me that we were supposed to make peace - again- with ND, and in fact - I have no idea how we do it as we are already at peace.

OK?

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Yes. Hit the active deals option in the negotiation screen with ND. It should show peace. Click on that (or double click) that brings peace 'up' onto the table. Clear the table if you want to start a war, or click accept and send if you want to renew.
                  Thanks nye!

OK - I do the double click and the Sid man comes up and says "Are you sure you want to re-negotiate peace" I click "es - I am absolutely sure.", and the table clears.

That it?

Comment

OK - and then peace treaty shows up as an option - so I put i on the table - and hit accept and send.

And the leaders screen shows us at war with ND. Is this what we want?

Comment

Beta.

See the bottom of the screen? Clear Table... New... Active

Click on Active. You will then see that Peace is active (but not for much longer). Get Peace back up onto the table, click accept and send. A great calamity will then be averted through your heroic actions
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        Beta.

See the bottom of the screen? Clear Table... New... Active

Click on Active. You will then see that Peace is active (but not for much longer). Get Peace back up onto the table, click accept and send. A great calamity will then be averted through your heroic actions
                        Heroic - albeit delayed.

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound
                          OK - and then peace treaty shows up as an option - so I put i on the table - and hit accept and send.

And the leaders screen shows us at war with ND. Is this what we want?
                          That's close enough. Maybe only a single click. That might result in peace staying on the table and the war not starting.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by BetaHound

Heroic - albeit delayed.
                            s'OK. Are you guys down to just you as a player?

Is there anyone else we should contact in an emergency?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Even withthe single click on the peace treaty on ND's side of the table - the same process occurs and the F4 screen shows us at war. But peace has been sent.

As to other players - I will discuss with the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X