I Have Solved the Game Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Solved the Game Crash

Thanks to some clues which NYE pointed out and some of my own experience, I solved the problem with the game save. NYE is right, and it did have to do with the Vox-GOW war status.

To solve the problem, I had GOW re-offer peace to Vox, and Vox to do the same on their turn, both accepted. After finishing the Lego turn, the game continued as normal.

*Trip throws PTWDG.BIX into the proverbial trash can in the sky.

I am speechless.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

God bless nye and Trip!

All hail our saviours!

We now apparently need someone from GoW to start with (hopefully the last) replay, adding the peace reneg to whatever was originally done during the GoW turn of 570BC.

HALLELUJAH!

Comment

Good news!

Thanks for your excellent work.

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks a lot.

Comment

Is the bug something that crops up any time a peace treaty hits 20 turns, or only if there is a price attached to the treaty? I know in SP, straight peace treaties with nothing else involved don't require renegotiation at the twenty-turn mark.

Comment

Wow, great news Trip [edit: and nye]!

DeepO
              Last edited by DeepO; May 11, 2003, 05:31.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
                Is the bug something that crops up any time a peace treaty hits 20 turns, or only if there is a price attached to the treaty? I know in SP, straight peace treaties with nothing else involved don't require renegotiation at the twenty-turn mark.
                No clue... All that I know is that manually re-negotiating it caused the game not to crash.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
                  In the Pandora PBEM, there was no price attached in the peace treaty, and still the bug occured.

Comment

I can play the save, just tell me exactly which year and what I need to do to get it going again.

Comment

"No Comment"

Comment

THIS BETTER WORK...
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

570 doesn't allow me the option of offering a peace treaty. There is still one active.

Comment

Wow, If this isn't a previously reported bug, then you can call it the Trip/nye Peace Renegotiation Bug. This needs to be reported to Fraxis.

E_T
                            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                            Worship the Comic here!
                            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Trip, you might want to keep that bix file around, because what will happen in 20 turns when it gets to the same point with peace.

E_T
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                              X