What are the difference between regular Civ3 and PTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the difference between regular Civ3 and PTW

I know there are more civs and is multiplayer. I guess you don't play on huge maps for multiplayer. Is there anything else. I just own Civ 3 regular no add ons

There's a few things like some new buildings, including some you can build in the field like an airbase for instance. The stack movement has been much improved and you can also set rally points for your cities so that units will automatically to a certain location. Those are my two favourites, it makes the gameplay much easier.

There's also an auto-bombard feature, but there's a small problem with it. You have to shut off the "Cancel orders when next an enemy unit" preference, or it won't work. And there's some new features in the editor that are kind of nice. Just look at the readme file I've included, it will probably tell you everthing that's been changed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Actually I think http://civ3.com/ptw_features.cfm is is more understandable. It cuts all the fix this. Kind of interesting that airbases and stock exchanges both exist in Civ 2 but you have buy PTW to use it on Civ3. I used airbases alot on civ 2 WW2 scenario. So did they add back from Civ2 Fundementalism too? That would really make my day.
      Last edited by MPatton; March 30, 2003, 15:40.

Comment

Basically PTW adds quite a few nice touches. The new units are a bit of a mixed bag. Numidian Mercs, Gallic Swords, Ansars, Berserks and Sipahi are good, Conquistadors a bit odd, Keshiks and Hwacha wasted. Guerillas can be interesting if edited. For me Medieval Infantry are the best thing. In civ3 you can walk all over your enemies with swordsmen. In PTW you can still do that but just when the opposition get pikemen you can cheaply upgrade swords to med inf and carry on hammering the rival civs.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

8 new civs,
          airfields and radar towers,
          2 new units,
          new scenarios.

Very fun!
          Thank you sir, may I have another.

Comment

Better AI is the most importand change. I would buy PtW for the new AI patches even if there was no actual stuff added.

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
              Better AI is the most importand change. I would buy PtW for the new AI patches even if there was no actual stuff added.
              How has the AI been upgraded? Intuitively, I have felt that it was doing a better job but I couldn't put a finger on how.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
              X