Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meandering thoughts

Following are a few meandering queries.

Having finally gotten PTW to work over the LAN I am finding this game to be some fun. It was fun as a single player game, too. Anyway...

I don't know how much you can do with the scenario editor. Is it possible to add another technological era? I didn't like CTP (the activision released civ like game) in general but I did kind of like the near future technologies and units.

Also, is there a known way to set up an allied victory? You could fix it up in Alpha Centauri so that you could win the game as an alliance, such as hummies against the computer or some combination of hummies against your friends. I haven't seen any such allowance in PTW.

Speaking of Alpha Centauri, is there an existing futuristic scenario like Alpha Centauri already in existance for CTP?

Well, continue having fun.

Re: Meandering thoughts

Originally posted by knighterrant

Is it possible to add another technological era?
    No, I'm afraid not. The eras have been hardcoded, it's not possible to add another.

Also, is there a known way to set up an allied victory?
    In single player that's not possible but I don't know about MP. I don't really have any interest in that myself.

Comment

Allied Victory

Yes, this is possible in a MP game...at least in a MP LAN game I played with my partner. What happended was we (my partner and I) had an alliance against the remaining AI Civ. I ended up taking the last AI city and the game ended in victory because the two remaining players (my partner and I) had an alliance.

Comment

Aha, it must be a sort of automatic thing.

We stayed out of alliances as to not drag each other into wars before one or the other was ready. So to the game, I suppose, we were independent entities.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

No, I'm afraid not. The eras have been hardcoded, it's not possible to add another
            Civ 4 ????
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

im not sure where to ask this, but is PtW stable yet? or should i wait for another patch, and 5 more off the price tag?

Comment

Actually jdd, with the latest patch (currently only for US versions), the stability of the game has improved dramatically - of course there's still a few hic-ups concerning the use of Bombers and Nukes, but I believe Firaxis will be addressing this shortly (1-2 months I hope).
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Thanks, Witt. I guess I will just wait it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X