Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheats for PTW

Hi folks...

Anyone know of any cheats for PTW? I had a great tool for cheats on CivIII, but it won't work on PTW?

Let me know
    :evilgrin:

I hope you aren't wanting cheats to use during MP games. If so..

Either way, I don't know any - although a google search would probably provide useful tidbits.

Comment

Hope not.

I did that money thing during trade negotiations on CivIII. Sucked the life right out of the game.

Besides, with the editor, you can mod to yer hearts content (well, almost). --Rob
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

If you mean abuse of bugs, then possibly.
        If you mean cheat-codes, then no.

Comment

There are cheats for ptw, but they can only be activvated in de-bug mode

Comment

the help file in the editor tells you how to activate de-bug mode, and its cheats.

Comment

There are no cheats. BUT if you want to know if there are any cheats for any game just look in www.gamefaqs.com. If it's not there, it doesn't exist.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Thanks, not to worry

Hi Folks,

Not to worry, no plans to cheat during MP games. I can win on my own thanks.

I do like to use cheats to try out different strategy scenarios though, they let me focus on the part of the scenario I am trying to test out - rather than on worrying about all the details in the game.

I had the trainer for CIV III which worked very well....let me produce advances in 1 turn and add $$$ whenever it was needed. Sure sped up the development cycle.

I'll check out the debug mode stuff....in the meantime - if anyone hears that "cyberman" has reworked his trainer for PTW, let me know.
                :evilgrin:

Comment

Actually, Cyberman did rework his trainer, there's an updated version that's s'posed to work with PtW 1.21, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work right for me. The 1-turn research function ceases to function after a few turns. I sent Cyberman an email about it, but got no response. I'd post a link to the new trainer, but i'm sort of in a hurry right now. If you go to http://happysurfer.com, and look under Civilization 3: Play the World v1.21f, you'll find several links to the file. Btw, y'all, if the new version of the trainer works or doesn't for you, or if you know why it won't for me, please let me know, thanks.
                  "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of kindness, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo Buscaglia

Comment

Working...
                  X