No announcement yet.

Early armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Armies and healing. Willem is right, your army heals like one unit. Units in the open heals 1 HP/turn, in cities without barracks 2 HP/turn and in cities with barracks 4 HP/turn. In worst case, a 1/20HP army will need 5 turns in a city with barrack to heal fully.
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Armies only tend to be useful in attacking a heavily fortified city which single units just can't beat. Not only do I plan on winning a battle, I plan for not losing my units. I'm not a fan of human wave style attacks on cities in order to take a city at all costs. I'm much more patient, and don't mind digging in and starving a city into submission.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ooh, I definitely don't like digging in. Crush the forces, raze the city, and move on. Yea, I believe in resource deprivation, but I like to keep the road network intact for replacements. I also tend to keep a couple of workers with my attack force as well.

- TT

Comment

If you are engaged in a massive war, armies are also useful in defensive roles when the AI throws like 20 units at a single city.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ToeTruck, check out Theseus' link. It points to the most extensive discussion on Armies found in Apolyton.

I'll throw in a small comment though: without ever building an Army, you never get to build the Heroic Epic, and therefore you get fewer Great Leaders. If you're warmongering a lot, there is a noticeable difference.

Dominae
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

And leaders are useful in hurrying wonders... not just kicking ass.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X