Korean GA - How do you get yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean GA - How do you get yours?

Having found what I consider to be a satisfactory answer to the problem of the Hwacha not giving a GA I wondered how others had solved this?

I created an extra unit, a Korean Longbowman, identical to the normal unit and flagged it to trigger a GA.
    Through Wonders only
    29.41%
    Hwacha with lethal land bombardment
    5.88%
    An extra unit
    5.88%
    I never play as the Koreans
    41.18%
    Give them a banana and tell them it's a GA
    17.65%
    Never give an AI an even break.

I give banana, works all the time!
    And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

Can you flag the Hwacha to trigger a GA?
      Formerly known as Masuro.
      The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Anatolia
        Can you flag the Hwacha to trigger a GA?
        It already is flagged but as it doesn't have lethal land bombardment it can't kill anything so won't actually trigger a GA.

You can easily edit the Hwacha to have lethal bombardment and start a GA but if you then build a stack of them, fifteen or twenty, you can wipe out the defenders of an AI city and just walk in. That is a bit too powerful so a different way of having a unit trigger a Korean GA is needed.
        Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Ah, I see the problem with a lethal-bombardment Hwacha. In that case flagging a longbowman to trigger a GA is a good idea and Korea has long been renowned for its archers so it's satisfying historically as well.
          I wish I had thought of editing the unit before I started my PBEM as the Koreans.
          Formerly known as Masuro.
          The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

I did away with hwachas entirely and replaced Korea's UU with Turtle Boats--same stats as ironclads, only earlier. I also delayed standard ironclads so that industrialization was the prereq tech, lengthening the Age of Sail and helping the Koreans (and the English)

Comment

Working...
            X