More than 8 players in MP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 8 players in MP?

Yea, it sounds like a noobish question but i'm curious if anyone found a way to hack civ to allow more than 8 players in mp.

me and my buds wanna try a 4 on 12 deity AI game or something.

do MP scenarios allow more than 8 people?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I doubt it. The MP setup screen would cut that off, unless you can hack the rules and the UI.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

sigh... thats what i thought.

i was hoping someone spent a lot fo time with it and figured something out
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

I dont see how the game can be fluid with more than 8 players on MP. Peoples connection are just not good enough in general.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Sounds like fun Uber... keep us updated if you find such a hack/mod.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, your old Avatar was better....funnier should I say. Now it's just sexy.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
              I dont see how the game can be fluid with more than 8 players on MP. Peoples connection are just not good enough in general.
              UberKrux specifically was talking about a 4 human-12 AI match. This wouldn't run much slower than a 4 human-4 AI match.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Sava, your old Avatar was better....funnier should I say. Now it's just sexy.

Spec.
                I'm trying to be more diplomatic now... (are you referring to the peeing on Bush or TimmAY!? )

Sure, I could have Calvin peeing on Bush, but I wouldn't want to "inflame" the jingos.
                [/endthreadjack]
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Spec.
                  C'mon man, this is the age of broadband... if you are still running 56k you don't deserve to play online games anyways
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can live with a limit of 8 human players, BUT THERE NEEDS TO BE A PATCH TO ALLOW THE ADDITION OF MORE AI CIVS.

I mean once you've defeated 2 players the game loses a lot of its flavor because there are too many resources left. If there were AI civs in addition to the 8 humans trading and negotiations would still play a part in the game.

Comment

I never understood the purpose of AI in an MP game.
                      They are basically dead weight IMO.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

alva, ever heard of co-op?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What's the fun of 2 humans playing against 6 AI?
                          (unless there was a way to tell the AI to go co-op as well, which he doesn't. ATM your playing against 6 x 1 AI, that's no co-op IMO )
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

we've been playing 2 on 6 small map deity. the AIs grab nearly all the land before you get a chance to plan your cities

we'd like to play 3 on 12, or 4 on 12 or something

Comment

Working...
                            X