No announcement yet.

Espionage Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience is that most of the time the AI will NOT declare war when they catch one of my spies. I once had three failed attempt to spy at the zulus without them declaring war. I was stronger, had a tech lead and had no previous wars with them. In sum, their fear for me was bigger than their hate.
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I think that declaration of war solely depends from AI attitude towand you.

If they are gracious or Polite, I don't think that any kind of spy action would make them go to war.
      (exept if you try several times, this lowering his attitude even more)

On the other hand if they are Furious...

P.S.
      Also, remember this from PtW readme.txt file:

NOTE: If you fail a spy mission, you will automatically fail any spy mission against that same civilization for next 2-4 turns.

Comment

Actually, my point was that I was militarily/culturally superior and at peace prior to my spy getting caught...

But yes, I see the point of the AI Civ declaring war over a failed spy operation because of "past bloodshed" between the two civs...I guess it does make sense.

Comment

I've had spies caught by my friends and they haven't gone to war on me, although it seems like it sours relations inordinately.

If I'm also really far ahead, small civs who catch my spies don't seem to declare war on me. One exception I've always noticed is the Japanese. They ALWAYS declare war on me if they catch the spy, no matter what the circumstances of the game.

I haven't had much of a chance to check out espionage in PTW...is it any different? It just costs so much...
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The problem with spionage, as I see, is that it has too big effects. For example: steal world maps. Why not just steal the vision maps of some cities, the oldest ones!

In Civ II spies were great just because they steyd in a "local" vision till they entered in a city. Now is a global vision without a unit... Less interesting.

A great thing could be put different sizes to each mission, so if now we pay a "global" mission, just put smaller vesrions with smaller effects, cost, etc...
            Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Working...
            X