Sipahi too late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sipahi too late?

I really have problem with the Sipahi unit in this game. Historically Sipahi was mostly used during the "golden age" of the Ottoman Empire i.e. from 1400s to 1600s .At late 1600s the Empire became more dependent of the Crimea when it came to Cavalary. As far as i know Russia had her "Golden Age" from 1700s to 1800s. So thier Cossacks were most effective then. But in the game both countries gets their UU at the same time. My suggestion is to make the Sipahi unit available earlier when Gunpowder is discovered which means this unit will more historical. And of course the ratings should be lower to reflect its earlier emergence...

If a player makes an absolute bee-line for cavalry, it may sort of fit into the historical period that you describe.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

and bee-lining Military Tradition is the best way to warmonger as the Ottomans.
      Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

I think it best to "bee-line" if you want sipahi early. They are to powerful a unit to appear earlier in the tech tree.
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

They are one of the best units in the game if you 'bee-line' it. You will have a fast offensive unit smack in the middle of the middle ages that won't really be surpassed till your first tank comes rolling out.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

i'll just say 'bee-line' to fit in with the crowd.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

As it is, the Siphai is one of the most powerful UU's in the game (IMO it's the best along with the Numidian Merc)

If you get it with Gunpowder it will be WAAAY to powerful and will seriously unbalance the game to the Ottoman's favor.
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

What if it came in with one of the techs between gunpowder and military tradition?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Metallurgy?

Well, it would be better than with gunpowder...

Still, I think it's too powerful a unit to be brought back.

But that's just me
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Zen
                    As it is, the Siphai is one of the most powerful UU's in the game (IMO it's the best along with the Numidian Merc)

If you get it with Gunpowder it will be WAAAY to powerful and will seriously unbalance the game to the Ottoman's favor.
                    Yeah, but you dont have to have A/D/M, 8/3/3. Just make it as cheap as the Knight with A/D/M, 6/3/2 instead.

I aready edited my game. But its kind of unhistorical to have Sipahi so late in the game. IRL Ottoman Empire was in decline durinng the 1700s, 1800s same time as the Cavalary is in use in the Game.

Comment

Working...
                    X