Conquest Only Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest Only Victory

Have you ever noticed under a "Conquest Victory" only game, where all other victory conditions have been disabled that the computer civilizations are extremely aggressive.

My recent game, 16 Civilizations, Huge map with 2 main continents. When war began it spread to everywhere and it was basically a free for all brawl. On the continent I was on there were 10 Civilizations, now their are only 3 left at 1970 AD.

I haven't played civ 3 for long as I have just bought it and this game that I am still playing is one of my first games. So I was wondering if the victory conditions influenced the computers actions.

Conquest Only Victorys are so much more fun i think because of that. nothing get you going more than a world war
    I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Yes, I am a big "bloodlust" fan as well.

Get rid of all the pathetic victory conditions like cultural, spaceship and diplomatic and the CIV games are at their best.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Are you serious? Wow, gotta try it. World wars are sooo fun
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

mmmmmm, bloodbath

Comment

last time i had it set to bloodlust india started lobbing nukes around and chaos broke out.. it was great! imagine, the indians preforming a first strike!

its the only way i play now.. otherwise my games seems to have long perods of peace followed by one or two world wars before one of the other victory conditions are met.

Comment

I had a war on one continent where 10 Civilizations were at war with everyone else. It was a free for all, awesome gaming

Comment

This I gotta try. Only had one conquest victory when all the other conditions were present. This will be fun!!
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Thanks for the insight. I have been heavily immersed in MP ptw because I was so dissatisfied with the lack of AI agression. Will definately be trying this. It might even make MP games a little more interesting since throwing in AI's like that may actually mean something in the bloodthirsty MP world!!
                  Luck favors the skilled because it knows it will not be wasted.

Comment

Just Finished the game, there was non stop war, since swordsmen to modern armor, 5 civs out of 16 left standing

i will be playing another one of these

mind you it did take 41 hours in total to finish

Comment

Originally posted by Phatphal
                      Just Finished the game, there was non stop war, since swordsmen to modern armor, 5 civs out of 16 left standing

i will be playing another one of these

mind you it did take 41 hours in total to finish
                      How did you have 5 civ's remaining? Conquest is an ultimate elimination game, you must have had domination enabled.

Comment

I think he meant that 5 civs survived until the age of Modern Armors.

Comment

games that take several weeks are the best..

sleep is for the weak!

Comment

it went to 2050 AD, so its mandatory finish

Comment

Originally posted by Phatphal
                              it went to 2050 AD, so its mandatory finish
                              Ahhh... that would explain it!

Comment

Working...
                              X